NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Very Important Please Read - Page 3 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations This board is closed for posting but will serve as an archieve for all Fisheries Management and Regulations posts from other boards.

Old 10-14-2009, 05:07 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Very Important Please Read

Letter has been sent
Old 11-04-2009, 01:18 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Very Important Please Read

received this response from my congressman today

Thank you for contacting me about the National Ocean and Great Lakes Policy. I appreciate hearing your thoughts on this issue.

America 's waters are the lifeblood of our nation, and our most fundamental resource. The status of these waters has direct bearing on public health, agricultural production, and national prosperity. The Great Lakes are no exception to this. They provide jobs, food, energy resources, ecological services, recreation, and tourism opportunities, and play critical roles in our Nation's transportation, economy, and trade, as well as the global mobility of our Armed Forces and the maintenance of international peace and security.

Recreational fishing, both in the Great Lakes and in all other bodies of water, is beneficial to both the environment and the economy. Fishing can help track and control fish populations, while also monitoring environmental conditions. Fishermen help the economy when purchasing their gear, licenses, boats, and other equipment.

I think you might find it interesting to know that Congress is presently considering H.R. 1584, the Flexibility in Rebuilding American Fisheries Act. It amends the Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act to require fishery management plans, amendments, or regulations for overfished fisheries to specify a time period for ending overfishing and rebuilding the fishery that is as short as practicable. It also requires consideration, in evaluating progress to end overfishing and rebuild overfished stocks, of factors other than commercial and recreational fishing.

H.R. 1584 is currently being considered by the House Committee on Natural Resources. Please be assured that I will keep your thoughts in mind if the House considers this bill.

Again, thank you for contacting me. If I can assist in any other way, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

John Hall
Member of Congress