NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Top shot for tog fishing - Page 4 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk Use this board to talk about Bait and Tackle and see offers from our Bait and Tackle Sponsors

Old 02-14-2016, 10:47 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Top shot for tog fishing

Top shot I run 40# mono but my leader I went as low as 25# floro and as high as 50# floro this season. The one trip i went light and I out fished pops who was using the 50#. So idk.. its hit or miss.. I have tied rigs with the whole range of floro for any situation

RFA

Instagram - salt_life1985

Team F.O.M.F.
Old 02-15-2016, 12:07 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Top shot for tog fishing

I have noticed also that under certain conditions and days guys who fish lighter leader will get bit more. Tommy Joseph proved it to me about 3 years ago as we were grinding to put a decent catch together one day. He fished a total of about 40 minutes that day using a light rod that had 20 lb test mono on that reel and doubled my catch for the whole day in that short of time.
That being said when heading down south or targeting a trophy you will get your heart broken fishing the light stuff as i have had 60-80 lb leader broken fishing further south especially when they are fishing wrecks as they do not have that much natural bottom we have here in our area. I am not looking for numbers when i head down south and now only fish 80 top shot and 80 lb leader.