NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Side Vu Transducer - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Boating
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Boating Use this board to discuss anything related to boats and boating in NJ

Old 03-12-2017, 12:44 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Side Vu Transducer

I'm thinking about adding a Garmin transducer with SideVu but not sure if it's worth the expense and stick with my existing traditional chirp transducer

Anyone have the Garmin transducer with SideVu? Thanks
Old 03-23-2017, 12:50 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Re: Side Vu Transducer

Yes Yes Yes!

Don't know what Garmin that you have but my previous boat I had a Garmin 7607xsv and I had a GT-40 transducer which was all in one transducer. The 40 is traditional sonar with chirp sidescan and downscan. The Garmin recommends a GT51 transducer but I believe that I was 3 times the money. The 51 is chirp sonar, chirp sidescan and chirp downscan.

I was very very impressed with the quality of picture and detail I had with the unit, up to around 100ft, using the GT-40 I have pictures on my phone if you PM me your phone number. The structure scan for bottom fishing was a game changer for me. Found many more quality fishing spots. And you can read larger fish and bait using sidescan too.

Hope that info helps you out.

Pete
Old 03-27-2017, 06:15 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Re: Side Vu Transducer

Hi Pete

Thanks for the info. I am going with the GT 31. I went with the 31 because I already have a traditional chirp transducer (B75). Using them together will equal the GT51. Hope to have it installed by end of this week and have boat in the water the following week. Also I sent you a PM.

Thanks
Emilio