NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

FAVORITE FISH to catch and why - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-31-2012, 04:59 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default FAVORITE FISH to catch and why

FOR ME ITS THE ONE ON THE END OF MY LINE

coolest thing about fishing for me is how many different fish there are we can fish for and how UNIQUE they all are . each having its own distinct fight.

Whats even better is for the most part there are breaks between each fish that for me has me ready for the next species

Spring into summer there is no doubt I dont want to fish for anything other than BIG striped bass , whether it be livelining or throwing top waters, to watch those explosians on top are just plain cool .

As the fourth of July comes around I have already had the itch to be headed out looking for Tuna. guys thinking that putting tuna in the boat takes less skill than catching a blackfish have probably NEVER caught a 70+ inch fish on a jigging rod, because once you do im sure you will agree there are not many fish than can HURT you like they do .
I wish I could get the sounds of a trolling rod getting ripped out, the slam of a jig all in one because thats the only way it could be an better. fighting a BIG tuna on a rod that looks better suited for fluking is tough to beat.

Once October comes around I cant wait to bottom fish and hope to feel the Thump and bull dogging of a BIG tog. While im sure to get bashed for it I dont find the bite of a tog as mystical as alot of guys do . After fishing for them I feel you learn the different ways they feed and adjust so your catching fish . what makes me love tog fishing is that solid bulldogging in the begining and not knowing at firsst how big the tog might be beause for me most of the big tog have hit very lightly, and I LOVE the surprise of the rod tip heading towards the water on those initial runs.

Throw in fluke , sea bass, albies and bluefish and you have a great year of constantly changing fights to never get bored.

Funny thing is the fish I like to eat the most I really dont like fishing for.
I REALLY enjoy tilefish, but puling up dead weight from 600 plus feet , just isnt as much fun as all the rest.

I wish we had Grouper and amberjacks up here like in North Carolina as im sure I would be squeezing them in somewhere on this list also

One thing im sure is IM never bored here for something to fish for, only time im bored is when im not fishing

Fifty pound + , Striped Bass live release club

Last edited by hammer4reel; 01-31-2012 at 05:07 PM..