NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

2015 3rd Annual Hybrid Meet&Greet....... - Page 13 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 11-01-2015, 10:08 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: 2015 3rd Annual Hybrid Meet&Greet.......

Found some of you guys at the hump off the yacht club. Didn't recognize or really know anyone. Saw a couple of small hybrids caught on chicken livers. My son & I were in a Dow's boat & for a moment, wasn't sure if we were being mocked as foreigners. lol. But really, the foreigners, if not for them, you could forget Dow's business. And Joe Welsh supplies the entire state.

Matt got a 3/5 walleye. I fooled around for 15 minutes w/ultra-light, taking a break from trying to catch walleye & hybrids, and caught three largemouths, one of them at least 3 pounds. We caught some big crappie, Matt nailed two of those with Binsky. Matt caught lots of nice perch w/ultra-light while we otherwise fished deep.

Slow day, but very nice.
Old 11-01-2015, 11:28 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Hybrid M&G wrap up

Fun times at the NJF Flotilla! Everyone anchored up within ear shot of each other and catching fish made for a fun morning! Here's a few more pics of some of the action.

Gustard Wood
Tidewater 216

Last edited by ScowardNJ; 11-01-2015 at 11:35 AM..
Old 11-01-2015, 12:12 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Man, you guys hit the fish big time! I took my son to our favorite spot with the portable running lights, and the hybrids just were not there. He did catch a nice walleye, but we usually go third week in October, and apparently our spot is too far off the main lake this late, w/only 35-foot depths & even less w/water low. So we hit Chestnut & marked a lot & couldn't get them to hit, some big crappies, Matt on his Binsky, though. We tried Sharp's Rock and then we were headed in when we saw seven boats off the yacht club. Saw a couple small hybrids caught & one of the guys asked what keeper size...so then I was wondering if many had been caught, seemed maybe not, but WOW, you guys did well & I can't wait until next time...
Old 11-01-2015, 04:16 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Great day out w the crew......those 7 boats were us on the humps in open water.....the first pic is my boat w rocco in the back hooked up w a nice walleye at sunrise and then he got another a few min later.....we did good w many hybrids coming over the gunnels and many crappie and white perch too.....highlight was roccos 2 walleye back to back first thing in the am and our last fish as we were warmin up the engine that rocco grabbed at 24" and super thick.........awesome day out the fish gods gave us some love for once

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by jimmythegreek; 11-03-2015 at 11:56 AM..
Old 11-01-2015, 06:49 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Bad idea using the 7'6" Medium Light, my shoulder is sore as sh*t today!

16' MirroCraft V-Hull
12.5' Perception Sport Sound
10' Pelican Pursuit
Clam Kenai Pro
Instagram: rjjasonek
Old 11-01-2015, 07:10 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Great work everyone! Looks like an excellent day!
Old 11-02-2015, 09:22 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

The morning started out with frost on the boat & trolled my way over to DOWS thru the fog (we are talking APOCALYPSE NOW fog) to pick up herring. This was going against the recommendations of the crew @ Lee's. I always like to match the bait to the local forage so I skipped the livers & went with herring(mistake #1). Trolled from DOW'S & hit a few points looking fish in 20-45' & did pick up a monster crappie on a 6" crack-back plug.

Once the sun came up & the fog lifted I realized that I had left the food back bag (mistake #2) in the truck so back we trolled to LEE'S enjoying the sunshine. Once Yuma pissed on the wheels of the B*******S trailers that were having time trials racing back & forth we headed back out.

Headed west from LEE'S where I saw the floatilla so we trolled on over & joined the herd.

Well I guess there must be a Jewish deli down on the rocks on LH because the Brids gave the herring the cold shoulder. Had two break off my leaders though (mistake #3 on the 4 & lb leader). The few seconds of being hooked up set the hook in me on brids. Those bad boys are everything as billed & will back with some bagels, cream cheese & plenty of livers!

The day was not a total loss as I did boat a few large crappies on blades & it certainly was an education. Good times, with a bunch of great guys. Great meeting everyone & really look forward to the next M&G.

On a separate note GWL has turned over & the eye fishing has turned. Heard from my sources in da'hood that the eyes were voracious on the w/e. Indian summer weather this week, get out & enjoy it.
Old 11-02-2015, 09:22 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Awesome day out there guys...Great job getting the gang together Dale. Maybe I'll actually catch a fish next time. It was kind of strange to be sitting within spitting distance of everyone catching all those fish and not get one myself...and two of those guys were on my boat! I think Eddie and Wilson had 16+ hybrids between them plus a bunch of hook ups that were not to be on my boat alone. Plus a few crappie a slab blue gill and a walleye..and I got total of two bites that broke off all day. Goes to show you it is not as much luck as some people would like to believe. As they say 10% of the fisherman catch 90% of the fish. I can tell you I saw the 10% at work on Saturday watching the NJF Freshwater crew at work. These guys can fish. Nicely done for sure everyone. Cant' wait for the next one...great time for me as always...fish or no fish.
Old 11-02-2015, 09:49 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

glad you guys had a great day.was busy with the saltwater version and some blackfish scouting.sounds like the bite was all bait???did anyone jig them up??
congrats to everyone!!!!!
Old 11-02-2015, 11:44 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Talking Re: Hybrid M&G wrap up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
Great day on the lake today. Thanks to KKritch and FE for letting me tag along and allowing me to catch the biggest fish of the day on our boat.
I think we had half the freshwater board members out fishing today.
I hate chicken liver fishing...but it worked today

Something to be said about creating a chum slick...them MB LIGHT butts sure did the trick for you guys!