NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

2015 3rd Annual Hybrid Meet&Greet....... - Page 12 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 10-31-2015, 05:52 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Talking Re: 2015 3rd Annual Hybrid Meet&Greet.......

Where is everybody? Just pulled into Lee's and there's only one ramp open. Get up here fellaz! We have some fishing to do!!! YEA BUDDY!!!

Mike, how'd that giant Musky feel? Nice fish man!!!
Old 10-31-2015, 01:37 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: 2015 3rd Annual Hybrid Meet&Greet.......

I will tell you one thing I notice after hooking my first musky ever and for it to be near 50 inches. It did not put up a fight at all just few times did it pull the drag for a while but what do you expect with 8lb line. The excitement was having to pull this beast up from the depths and have just the head fit in my net was exciting enough. Just wish it came in the boat to get a few pics holding up this beast. Easily high 40 or low 50 inches.
Old 10-31-2015, 03:36 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Hybrid M&G wrap up

Man, what a fun day. Near perfect conditions for fall fishing and a nice turnout of Hybrid-hungry NJF'ers. Very nice to see the crew and to meet a few new guys. Captain Mikey kept us on the fish all morning, with about two dozen Hybrids landed and a handful of white perch and bluegills. These fish were FAT! Everyone I saw or talked to landed fish, with the targeted species not letting us down!

16' MirroCraft V-Hull
12.5' Perception Sport Sound
10' Pelican Pursuit
Clam Kenai Pro
Instagram: rjjasonek
Old 10-31-2015, 04:36 PM
Old Soft Salt

Default Re: Hybrid M&G wrap up

Great day on the lake today. Thanks to KKritch and FE for letting me tag along and allowing me to catch the biggest fish of the day on our boat.
I think we had half the freshwater board members out fishing today.
I hate chicken liver fishing...but it worked today

Old 10-31-2015, 04:46 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Def good times! We started our morning away from where most ended up, picked off a few, then it went silent. After some cruising with dale and Kelly on the getanet we saw the crew and the mean muggin started lol. We picked off a bunch more fish but mikey and Rob were dialed in big time. Good stuff guys. Some pigs pulled in as well. I'm sure their photos will make an appearance. Looked like pretty much everyone in the "raft-up" scored some fish. Prob one of the more productive meet and greets I've been a part of!

Here's one of my cookie cutters... and a fog shot from right around sun up. Kellys got more...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG952801.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	90700   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151031_071005.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	90701  
Old 10-31-2015, 09:50 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

So i knew eddie would be looking to steal my silver surfer flies design and I had to hide my fly jigging rigs at an undisclosed location for the morning. After eddie left the scene and I knew it was safe, I had NJsquatch bring me to my secret hiding place to retrieve our secret weapon and go to work! Brids came flying into the boat left and right puking chicken livers all over the place! I saved it all in a container...rob and mikey you guys want any of it back? At one point while fighting a nice one I accidently yelled "get a net" and now I'm waiting for the copyright infringement lawsuit from dale.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hybrid Striper, hopatcong.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	90732  
https://www.instagram.com/chrisper_fishing/
https://www.facebook.com/mat.nelson.54
Old 10-31-2015, 09:50 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Hybrid M&G wrap up

AWESOME !! Glad the wind wasn't blowing 40mph this year !!
Old 11-01-2015, 01:28 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I must admit I wasn't sure what today would be like but MAN DID WE HAVE A DAY OR WHAT!!!!!! Def a load of fish caught today in near perfect condtions!!!
The Fish Gods blessed the NJF Crew today for sure. Hate to say it but all you guys who wished instead of fished missed one of the few great fall trips on Lake Hopatcong!!! I was really great to see everyone since it's been a while and a True Pleasure to have Duck or Bleed and Wilson out with us today. It ended up with almost all of our boats being within shouting distance making for a fun day of talkin smack among us all! Skunk and Mikey were slammin em as well as Rocco and Jimmy and the rest of us battled too but those guys were on fire! Ken, Eddie and Wilson held their own pretty well too! We had some fish missed a bunch but had a blast and I wanted to thank each and everyone who made it out today with us for making the Hybrid Fest better and better every year!!!!! Wipers Rule!!!!!!!

16 Ft Princecraft DLX
9.9 Johnson
HELIX 7 Si GPS
Old 11-01-2015, 06:25 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Hybrid M&G wrap up

Holy HYBRIDS! Started off scouting all over the lake trying to find a pod of feeding fish. Came up with a short Walleye and some assorted panfish. I kept looking over at the spot where every boat on the lake was anchored up. I couldn't see what was going on from where we were. It looked like an orgy in the middle of the lake. Hmmmmmmm, I wonder if those Brids are blitzing. That's what I was saying to myself in my head. 2 minutes later, Skunk calls, "drop and reel Brids buddy" that's all we needed to hear. Ken, Wilson and I joined the Hybrid mayhem and soon enough we were all locked up with these little tough broken striped fish. Good times had by all. Probably the best M-N-G when it comes to catching. I'd call it the LH Halloween Hybrid Massacre! Some nice fish with some rats in the mix. It was like every BRID in the lake was in one spot. AMAZING! I'll admit I hate livers as well but they sure did do the trick on this day. Thanx for putting it together guys. What a friggin day!

TIGHT LINEZ!!! YEA BUDDY!!!
Old 11-01-2015, 09:04 AM
Site Sponsor

Great day out on the water for sure, happy to see evreyone catching and for duck or bleed to come out of retirement...thanks to dale for getting evreyone together.hope to see evreyone soon on the hardwater
Rvta member
Knee Deep member
Mike K Guide Service (owner)
https://www.facebook.com/MikeKGuideService/
(908 642-5423