NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

inflatable kayaks - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 06-09-2022, 11:20 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Question inflatable kayaks

looking for something a little more manageable to take camping and use for fishing the small lakes and ponds in Pa. My 16' SOT that weighs 70lbs empty isn't suitable for that. Are there any inflatables that are worth looking into?
Old 06-13-2022, 09:34 AM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Re: inflatable kayaks

I use the Intex Challenger 2-person kayak and it works great for being able to just throw in the back of your car. Comes with a big bag that you just throw everything into after deflating. Get the 2 person and just don't put the front seat on it. Provides plenty of room to bring backpack. Durable as well, have definitely cruised over some very shallow and rocky spots on the rivers with no issues. Recommend getting a air pump that connects to your car power outlet (Hand pumping unnecessary work)

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Intex-Cha...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
Old 06-13-2022, 10:44 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaBeerGuy View Post
looking for something a little more manageable to take camping and use for fishing the small lakes and ponds in Pa. My 16' SOT that weighs 70lbs empty isn't suitable for that. Are there any inflatables that are worth looking into?
I was in a Hobie inflatable for years - they are fishing machines but...it's a lot of coin to drop on a pool toy. Mine lasted for 4 years and as far as I know still going strong somewhere in PA.

The new itrek series from Hobie are supposedly built even better with newer seam technology etc. Probably overkill for infrequent usage but if you're looking for an inflatable pedal yak they are pretty much the only game in town.
Old 06-20-2022, 12:53 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Ya, I don't really need the pedal but the 2 person sounds good with the front seat out