NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Kennedy Pond quick hit - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 07-03-2022, 05:07 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Kennedy Pond quick hit

Grandson Chris and I were planning to go shooting at Colliers Mills Saturday afternoon when I found out that I had the night off. We threw the poles in the truck to recon Kennedy Pond when we finished shooting. The range was full so we went to the pond to wait it out till the shooting slacked off. I started off with the nymph and Chris with a plastic worm. We both missed a couple of fish when the Game Warden pulled up. He didn't stay long as it sounded like a war broke out at the range. We went back to fishing and I caught a small Pumpkinseed. I changed to a #5 Rapala as Chris found some bedding Sunfish on a sandy point. They would attack his worm and even his rod tip when he invaded their space. I worked towards the skimmer and got one Pickerel a little bigger than the Rapala as the shooting stopped. We decided to fish 15 more minutes as the fire started up again at the range. I twitched the Rapala a couple of times and it disappeared in a large boil. It took drag and staid down. After a couple minutes I could see it was a nice Pickerel. I lifted it and the 4lb test broke midarc. I managed to keep it in the grass and retrieve the Rapala. Chris took a pic and it went back in the water. We jumped in the truck and went to the range. The Cowboys were gone and we set up to shoot with only 2 other groups. Chris outshot me.
There was lots of minnow life at Kennedy Pond. The Sunfish were small but aggressive. We will hit it again early or late.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image4.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	158795  
Old 07-03-2022, 07:39 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Kennedy Pond quick hit

Sounds like a god day ! Enjoy your reports keep them coming !
Old 07-04-2022, 05:15 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Kennedy Pond quick hit

Gotta love the Sunfish. Good little fighters and plentiful in most spots. Nice Pickerel dude! Fun session of fishing and shooting with the boy. Well done.