NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Rod advice for tog/offshore bottom - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJ Fishing.com Fishing Tips
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJ Fishing.com Fishing Tips Share your tips on fishing here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2015, 03:24 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Rod advice for tog/offshore bottom

Im looking to pick up a multi purpose conventional rod for toggin and an occasional offshore bottom trip. I have borrowed a few rods while on boats this season to test and the one that I liked was a Lami not sure the rod # but was like 25-40 or maybe even a bit stiffer a 7footer. Doing some reading alot of guys reccomend the BL7040 as a great tog rod with enough backbone for the heavier weights and jigs used deep bottom. I know everybody has their favorites but alot of the custom rods are heavier old school glass and Im lookin for something on the lighter side. Gonna prob put an MXJ or MXL avet on it and I think I can use it for night eeling stripers and some snagdropping or heavier jiggin. Looking to spend 150-250 range on the rod anyone have any feedback or other reccomends. Also does anyone carry a good selection in Belmar or north area you know of? hate to order it online...thanks in advance