NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Warning - Spruce Run Boat Storage - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 07-13-2017, 03:01 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Warning - Spruce Run Boat Storage

Feel obliged to get the word out to folks who are storing (or considering) storing your boat at Spruce Run. This weekend I planned to fish SR with my nephew. Arrived at boat storage location and noticed the tie downs on my cover were severed. Once inside my boat I realized everything that was not locked down was stolen (batteries, life jackets, etc). Much worse though, the person(s) who did this decided to sever all of my electrical wires AND rip my glove box out which contained registration, keys, etc. Why take the extra step in destroying someone's property? Another boat in the vicinity also had their tie downs cut so I assume I was not the only victim. Fishing day ruined and probably not getting my boat back for many weeks. Lesson learned and preventive measures have now been taken. First post on this board. Hopefully future ones will be more upbeat!
Old 07-13-2017, 03:06 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Warning - Spruce Run Boat Storage

Dude, what a bummer. Sorry that this happened to you. I live 5 minutes from SR, and unfortunately we've been seeing a lot more petty crimes in the area. Last year both of my parent's cars were broken into. Shame that such a beautiful day was ruined by some ***hol*. Hope it never happens to you again!
Old 07-13-2017, 03:09 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by capthook101 View Post
Feel obliged to get the word out to folks who are storing (or considering) storing your boat at Spruce Run. This weekend I planned to fish SR with my nephew. Arrived at boat storage location and noticed the tie downs on my cover were severed. Once inside my boat I realized everything that was not locked down was stolen (batteries, life jackets, etc). Much worse though, the person(s) who did this decided to sever all of my electrical wires AND rip my glove box out which contained registration, keys, etc. Why take the extra step in destroying someone's property? Another boat in the vicinity also had their tie downs cut so I assume I was not the only victim. Fishing day ruined and probably not getting my boat back for many weeks. Lesson learned and preventive measures have now been taken. First post on this board. Hopefully future ones will be more upbeat!
Sorry to hear about this, I fish there a few days a week and was just talking to my friend about leaving a boat there with some of the characters I see driving around. I don't see any security trucks driving around at night?
Old 07-13-2017, 03:20 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Warning - Spruce Run Boat Storageith

I also store my boat at SR and was told when I signed up that there had been incidents in the past. The same thing that makes Spruce Run so great (24 hour access, free access at night) also makes the storage area difficult to secure. There was actually a polic office at the launch last night, not sure if it was related. When I first started storing at SR I would remove my trolling motor, batteries and anything not secured from the boat each time I went. I guess I was lulled into a false sense of security when nothing occurred the first month because I have lately been leaving my motor, batteries and a couple poles on my boat for convenience. As of last night nothing had been stolen. My boat looks like a total piece of shit though so it is probably the last boat a thief would target. I may go out there tonight and grab my new transom troller since I can't afford to have that stolen. My bow mount is busted so if a thief has some power tools with him and Goes to the trouble of stealing It he would be doing me a favor.
Old 07-13-2017, 04:10 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Sorry to hear that. That really sucks, they should at least have surveillance cameras up to monitor the boat storage area.
Old 07-13-2017, 04:12 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

man that is totally messed up. Im so sorry. hope they catch the guys. I don't have any extra life vests otherwise id give them to ya to help ya out. did they get any tackle?
Old 07-13-2017, 05:51 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Angry Re: Warning - Spruce Run Boat Storage

This is an unfortunate first post. Very sorry for the loss of all you boating stuff! Unbelievable! There seems to be dirtbags just about everywhere in our little state. We must find them and cut there fingers off 1 by 1. Ahhhhhhghggg!!! Welcome to the site dude! It's the best! Hopefully your next post is more positive!!!
Old 07-13-2017, 08:25 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Thanks everyone for responses. Many more good guys out there than the bad apples. Hopefully my next post will be about some big brown trout caught in one of our rivers (since my boat will be in the shop for awhile!)
Old 07-14-2017, 07:25 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Angry Re: Warning - Spruce Run Boat Storage

WOW, insane !! I hate bad news, this really sux !!
Old 08-07-2017, 10:07 AM
NJFishing.com Member

SR should install security cameras and post signs! That would deter those dirtbags.