NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Eyes on First Ave Switching Gears - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing Use this board to post all general salt water fishing information. Please use the appropriate boards below for all other information. General information about sailing times, charter availability and open boats trips can be found and should be posted in the open boat forum.

Old 04-04-2024, 03:23 PM
Owner NJFishing.com

Default Eyes on First Ave Switching Gears

This from Jamie at Eyes on First Ave.

Eyes on First Ave Costa BLOWOUT Sale. 50% off in stock Costa's while supplies last.

First off, I would like to thank everyone for your years of continued support. Unfortunately since Costa was bought by Luxottica a few years ago they no longer support their independent brick and mortor stores and the service, quality, lens technology, turnaround time etc.. has gone downhill. I strongly believe they are trying to put us independent retailers out of business that have payroll, rent, overhead expenses etc...

You have all seen the online discounting for both prescription and non prescription Costa's. These discounts were never extended to me so that I could pass them along to all of you giving me a chance to compete and still keep your business. Luxottica/Costa has not been honest with all of you with their advertising. Specifically Prescription Costa's. They are advertising 40% off RX Costa's in Lenscrafters and online but what they dont tell you is that they raised the prices to approx $1100.00 then apply the discount of 40%. This has been going on for 2 years and is completely deceitful. Costa RX prices range from $400 for single vision to $600 for progressives and up depending on what lens material and mirrors you choose. In order to save and protect my business of 14 years and my 9 employees I am changing direction and can no longer support a company that does not support me.

Eyes on First Ave is still going strong and will continue to do so. I am looking at some new independent brands that have the quality, service, newest lens technology, loyalty, warranty, etc...that made Costa so successful when they originated in 1983. It is very sad to see a once amazing, independent company that I loved destroyed by a giant corporation. I will keep everyone posted.

Sorry for the lengthy message but felt the need to explain. Thank you again for your business and support over the years.

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area
Old 04-04-2024, 08:29 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Eyes on First Ave Switching Gears

Very well written, I've never met Jamie but I wish her the very best and certainly sorry to hear her story. It's a shame these big corporations could care less for what was always the strength of our communities, enterpenurial spirit, small businesses with fantastic customer service and someone you could actually talk to and have an honest conversation with. Video killed the radio star but the virtual economy and corporate greed, mergers and acquisitions, have killed customer service and too many very successful brand name companies and community businesses. Hopefully some day soon we wake up and realize just how important brick and mortar retail, social interaction and customer service is to business communities across this country. Jamie I wish you and you employees the best, you obviously have a very successful business and following on this site. We need more boutique stores like yours in this country, not less.

Last edited by Broad Bill; 04-04-2024 at 08:31 PM..
Old 05-10-2024, 02:11 PM
Site Sponsor

Default Re: Eyes on First Ave Switching Gears

Thank you for your post and kind words. As a small, independent business owner I go out of my way to support the same. Big corporations seem to be buying up everything. I think its more important now then ever to get behind and support small businesses so there does not come a day where we do not have any. Thank you again to everyone that has been rallying around me and my team as we make some changes. We are very excited about our future and our continued relationship with all of the members of NJFishing.com.
732 291 3937

Largest Authorized Prescription and Non Prescription Costa Del Mar Dealer in Monmouth County!
www.eyesonfirstave.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eyes-...388?ref=br_tf]

Last edited by EyesOnFirstAve; 05-10-2024 at 03:21 PM..