NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Sad day for NJF... RIP LAB...... - Page 14 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:04 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Re: Sad day for NJF... RIP LAB......

RIP Lab if it wasn't for you I wouldn't have ever got this ridiculous nickname... As for many other people I know...
Old 04-11-2013, 10:05 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I peersonally did not know Mike as well as most on site, however we did speak briefly a couple of times . He purchased some old model Harnells & Lami's from me, loved that full parabolic flex !
My heart felt condolences to family & friends .

Capt. Lou
Old 04-11-2013, 10:55 AM
Site Sponsor

On behalf of the FISH TANK crew, I would like to express our sincere condolences to the family and friends of LAB. Even though we did not have the pleasure of knowing him personally, his loss is felt across the entire fishing community.

~Capt. Kevin
Old 04-11-2013, 10:56 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

My deepest condolences to Mike Well's family and friends.

I did not know Mike very well ... but a number of years ago I had my Dad and my 3 young triplet sons out on the Gambler for a Fluke trip. One of my sons got very seasick and it was also very hot out.

Mike got some ice in a bag ... cleared a spot on the shady side of the boat .... grabbed a cold ginger ale and some preetzels and really helped him get through it ....

Super nice of him .. and no one asked ... he just offered ...... his actions speak loudly about his character......

He will be sorely missed ..... by all that knew him well .. or ever had the pleasure to make his aquaintance .....

RIP Mike.......
Old 04-11-2013, 11:11 AM
NJFishing.com Member

My condolences to family and friends. Mike was such an icon to the fishing industry. His devilish laugh was one of a kind and will be truly missed around the docks as well as out on the water. My hart goes out to the TNT team as it was always a fun time fishing next to them and hearing the bow monkey scream, LOL. If anyone knew LAB, I can only say Stelli said it best, as he was like a father to so many of us and i know he will be watching and laughing from above. One day when your off by yourself on the water, listen and I'm sure we will all hear him laughing from above.....RIP, LAB you were loved by all and will never be forgotten as you have left your mark in everyone's hart!
Old 04-11-2013, 11:33 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

My deepest sympathies to all who loved LAB. One of the fondest times for me was when Mike remembered my and my son Stephen's name one day in 7-11 on Broadway AND talked to me like we were old friends, I barely knew him. I felt a real part of the njfishing community from that day on! I would run into Mike there occasionally very early on my way to work some mornings and my day was always better. I have a lump in my throat over his passing. what a guy!

RIP L.A.B.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:38 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Deepest Condolences RIP
Old 04-11-2013, 11:38 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

RIP Mike you will be missed by all.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:48 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Our deepest condolences to you and his family. Everyone's time is too soon, as we lost an extremely close friend as well. They always smile down on us.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:56 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

All the words have already been spoken. Lab was a great guy and a good friend. My heart goes out to Bobber and his family. May the scum that did this die a slow and painful death and rot forever in hell.