NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Sad day for NJF... RIP LAB...... - Page 13 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:00 AM
Owner NJFishing.com

Default Re: Sad day for NJF... RIP LAB......

I’m still reeling from the loss of Mike like most everyone who knew him….

Unlike some nondescript people you may have encountered here or there, chances are if you were ever within 100 yards of him, he’d be the one person in the crowd you’d remember. He was one of those rare people who had a larger than life personality, never held anything back and was the life of the party. If you look closely at all the pictures here you will notice one thing….Everyone he was pictured with had a smile on their face. He had that sort of effect on people and I would bet just before any of those pictures, he’d said or done something to earn that smile. Never a dull moment around Mike and this is what made being around him so much fun.

Mike was amongst a handful of the original cast and crew of NJfishing.com. Although many of us have lost touch with one and other over the years, this news brought back up a lot of those memories for me and others. Over the last several hours I’ve been in touch with many of them, some of which I haven’t talked to in years. A bitter sweet reminder of how precious friendships are and how you never know when your number is going to be called.

Not sure what regrets Mike may have had when his time came but I think not many. Here is a guy who you knew exactly where you stood with, gave more then he got, cared deeply for others and rarely missed an opportunity to bust balls in an endearing way only Mike could get away with.

Things are certainly never going to be the same around here without him. People like Mike leave voids in our lives that are difficult to fill. Like a ship, they also leave wakes behind them that are felt by everyone they’ve touched and are more pronounced to those closest to him.

My heart and prayers go out to his family and those who were closest to him. A one of a kind person who’s void is deep and wakes are steep.

Rest in peace Mike…. We reluctantly commit you to our father in heaven. I’ m sure He will appreciate your wit and reward you for the kindness you gave so abundantly during you time here with us.
As Buckshot said “ [FONT=Verdana","sans-serif]The world is not as nice a place as it was yesterday”. Our loss here on earth but I’m sure they are celebrating your arrival in heaven. Things are never going to be the same up there either. [/FONT]

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area
Old 04-11-2013, 08:16 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Very sad. Condolences to family and friends. May he RIP.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:36 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Zagorski
[SIZE=3][FONT] Our loss here on earth but I’m sure they are celebrating you arrival in heaven. Things are never going to be the same up there either. [/FONT][/COLOR]
LMFAO GERRY...... you got that soooo right.... The Angels are handing out earplugs this morning for sure.......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2159_1087580032990_7298_n.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	59916  

[B][COLOR="Red"]GODS SPEED MY BROTHER... LIFES A BEACH

Proud member of the 52lb on The Wall Club

dey eats my baits... I eats dem club

Member of the Monger Nation

PLANT ICE .... HARVEST WIND...JUST SAYING
Old 04-11-2013, 08:42 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Great post Gerry - perfect words. So bummed.

IrishAngler
Old 04-11-2013, 08:50 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Can't believe, he was my meat man and friend. Rest in peace.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:14 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I had the pleasure of meeting Mike several times by the monger or when I needed white leggers. I always looked forward to puosu just to read his posts and the odds on who he thought would win Lol. He was def a great man, an asset to the fishing community, and a class act. He will be missed and to his family, friends my deepest condolences. RIP Mike.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:25 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Never had the honor of meeting Mr. Wells but felt as though we had through NJFishing.com. May you rest in peace Mike with fair winds and a following sea. Condolences to his family and friends.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:40 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Gerry

Great post as you hit the nail on the head. Have yet to sleep since hearing the news. Has me question my faith when good people are taken from us before their time.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:49 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Deepest sympathies to Mike's family and friends. What a shocking loss to all.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:54 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I am still stunned. My deepest sympathy to his family and so many friends.