NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Lake Hopatcong Panfish - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 12-25-2021, 05:10 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Lake Hopatcong Panfish

Hello everyone and Merry Christmas. I'd like to share another video of mine that I just published today from a summer trip to Lake Hopatcong fishing for panfish. While the first spot I tried only produced a few fish in a couple hours, the second spot was on fire from the start. Plenty of nice bluegill sunfish, redbreast sunfish, and yellow perch were caught. Let me know which fish you think was the best looking, but I think it's pretty obvious.

https://youtu.be/CtbX-pyR3I4
Old 12-26-2021, 11:08 AM
dakota560

Default Re: Lake Hopatcong Panfish

Some nice sized panfish, awesome colors. Quite a few would qualify for best coloration but hybrid probably takes the gold. Funny we all love catching larger fish of species we target but some of the most enjoyable and relaxing trips are just having a blast with panfish. It's why fishing is so versatile and therapeutic.

Love your videos, good stuff!
Old 12-26-2021, 03:17 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Lake Hopatcong Panfish

Good catch man! Keep having fun making the videos! It’s pretty cool footage for sure.
Old 12-27-2021, 12:17 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Cool video on the cong. The place has a bunch of spots where you can get good panfish like the ones you got. Small jigs are good to feel out the spots you get to,then you can go to a bigger size or a small one like you did to get more bites. I am surprised that you did not get any crappies on the trout magnet that area you were in has crappies just about the whole summer the stream below the dam has a few holes that hold fish as well.
Old 12-28-2021, 09:14 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebadger View Post
I am surprised that you did not get any crappies on the trout magnet that area you were in has crappies just about the whole summer the stream below the dam has a few holes that hold fish as well.
Interesting. I didn't see any crappie there either. I took a brief walk along the stream below the dam, but didn't see any fish there either. I definitely need to explore that lake and area some more though.