NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Seeker Rod Customer Service - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk Use this board to talk about Bait and Tackle and see offers from our Bait and Tackle Sponsors

Old 10-01-2014, 12:26 PM
Owner NJFishing.com

Default Seeker Rod Customer Service

I had purchased some Seeker Wire Line Bunker Spoon Rods a while back and at the time they had lifetime warranty. Over the years several of the Carboloy guides had failed. Apparently the first set of guides I had on the original rods were from a known bad batch of bad guides. After I got the rods back from Seeker a few of the new guides had failed as well which I had replaced locally. Apparently Carboloy guides are on the delicate side and over time are more prone to failures then regular guides.

I’ve been thinking about getting ready for fall Striper fishing recently so I go in the garage to dig these poles out and as you might guess, more broken guides. We took them along with some other rods be repaired locally but after getting a quote for over $100 each, I decided to contact Seeker to see what they recommend I do. In the meantime, I learned that Seeker had changed ownership so I figured the chances of the new ownership standing behind the old companies warranty was slim. I had nothing to lose at this point so I sent them an email fully expecting to get the run around.

Much to my surprise my email was answered the same day and rather than give me the run around, they assured me from the start that they wanted to make good on the rods. Rather than re wrap the rods with new guides, they said they’d like to expedite things and just send me 2 brand new ones. They asked me how I intended to use them, gave me several recommendations and rather than wireline rods, we settled on a new set of 30 pound class 7 foot trolling poles with standard guides that I can use to troll braid with Bunker Spoons or the Mud Hole for small Bluefin and Mahi.

The rods arrived today and needless to say, I am thrilled with the Customer Service they extended to me. They were terrific to deal with and must admit I was like a kid in a candy store getting to shop their catalog and choose 2 brand new rods.

Thanks to the new ownership and staff at Seeker and their continued dedication to Customer Service. Now all that is left to do is try and convince my brother Joe to do some trolling this fall… He hates to troll and it’s not going to be as pleasant as dealing with Seeker, so it’s probably going to be easier to just leave him at the dock.

Very eagerly awaiting the fall Striper season and breaking in my new Seekers.
For those of you that have switched over from wire to braid for trolling spoons, any tips for me? I guess I’m going to need to use some drail weights to keep the spoons down in the water column? Any suggestions on which braid and pound test to use? I thinking the metered braid might help, this way you know how much line you have out.

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area
Old 10-01-2014, 12:58 PM
Site Sponsor

Default Re: Seeker Rod Customer Service

Good to know. We had stopped carrying these rods when so many of the guides failed.

973-575-1995

tackle@fairfieldfishing.com
fairfieldfishing.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fairf...96331010391040
Old 10-03-2014, 05:53 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Seeker Rod Customer Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Zagorski View Post
I had purchased some Seeker Wire Line Bunker Spoon Rods a while back and at the time they had lifetime warranty. Over the years several of the Carboloy guides had failed. Apparently the first set of guides I had on the original rods were from a known bad batch of bad guides. After I got the rods back from Seeker a few of the new guides had failed as well which I had replaced locally. Apparently Carboloy guides are on the delicate side and over time are more prone to failures then regular guides.

I’ve been thinking about getting ready for fall Striper fishing recently so I go in the garage to dig these poles out and as you might guess, more broken guides. We took them along with some other rods be repaired locally but after getting a quote for over $100 each, I decided to contact Seeker to see what they recommend I do. In the meantime, I learned that Seeker had changed ownership so I figured the chances of the new ownership standing behind the old companies warranty was slim. I had nothing to lose at this point so I sent them an email fully expecting to get the run around.

Much to my surprise my email was answered the same day and rather than give me the run around, they assured me from the start that they wanted to make good on the rods. Rather than re wrap the rods with new guides, they said they’d like to expedite things and just send me 2 brand new ones. They asked me how I intended to use them, gave me several recommendations and rather than wireline rods, we settled on a new set of 30 pound class 7 foot trolling poles with standard guides that I can use to troll braid with Bunker Spoons or the Mud Hole for small Bluefin and Mahi.

The rods arrived today and needless to say, I am thrilled with the Customer Service they extended to me. They were terrific to deal with and must admit I was like a kid in a candy store getting to shop their catalog and choose 2 brand new rods.

Thanks to the new ownership and staff at Seeker and their continued dedication to Customer Service. Now all that is left to do is try and convince my brother Joe to do some trolling this fall… He hates to troll and it’s not going to be as pleasant as dealing with Seeker, so it’s probably going to be easier to just leave him at the dock.

Very eagerly awaiting the fall Striper season and breaking in my new Seekers.
For those of you that have switched over from wire to braid for trolling spoons, any tips for me? I guess I’m going to need to use some drail weights to keep the spoons down in the water column? Any suggestions on which braid and pound test to use? I thinking the metered braid might help, this way you know how much line you have out.
Nice deal on rods ! Go back to wire get Tony Majas set ups there the best out there !!