NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

greenwood lake 10-6-11 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 10-07-2011, 11:18 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default greenwood lake 10-6-11

Hit greenwood yesterday trolled a crankbait in 10-20 feet of water. Got a bunch of white and yellow perch, a big 14 inch crappie, and a smallmouth about 2 lbs. My wife hooked into something that seemed to be a decent size but she lost it. was looking to get a walleye, have read they hit pretty good in the fall there but no luck, saw a guy fishing close to us land a walleye about 5 lbs. in 8 feet of water. Seems like the fish are starting to transition into fall paterns not fully but getting there. Does anybody know or have any tips for greenwood lake ? Was wondering if I was better off fishing hopatcong for walleye this time of year, any info would be appreciated...
Old 10-08-2011, 06:03 AM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Re: greenwood lake 10-6-11

fish the northern portion of the lake near that stone church( ithink thats what it is) there are some nice humps and drop offs there if available i like to fish herring on a slip float rig in 15-30ft or if you get the right wind i have had great success drifting a lindy rig with small creek chub minnows (which i catch in the wanaque river down he street from the lake( i drift in the mouth of the channel between where the stone church is and the main land. My favorite technique of all time is vertical jigging with a 3inch twister tail tipped with a fat head or a fall nightcrawler, i like to drift the humps and drop offs with this technique but only if the wind is light. trolling works also. best thing to use hands down for walleye and musky, is a spoon plug i dont know why but walleye and musky love them,wish i still had my boat and didnt have to sell it to pay off some student loans. let me know how u make out if you get out there again and yes hopatcong in my opinion has a higher success rate for catching walleye, same techniques just fish the main lake points, and trolling works very well here also.good luck
Matt
Old 10-08-2011, 08:44 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: greenwood lake 10-6-11

Hey thanx for the info matty, I'll def. be getting out there again soon and maybe giving hopatcong another try soon also. If your interested we always have room for one more on the boat, just P.M. me and maybe we can get into some of them walleyes. Oh and i have seen videos of walleye and musky being caught on spoonplugs, where would i be able to pick some of those things up?