NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Lake Assunpink 9/29 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 09-29-2011, 07:21 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Lake Assunpink 9/29

Had today off due to Rosh Hashanah so we went fishing. We got on the lake around 9:45 am. Fishing was tough for sure. We worked the entire lake trying everything. We got off the lake at 1:15 pm. We caught 10 bass,crappie and white perch. The perch were on the big side although everything else was small. Did see one guy catch a 2-3 lb. bass on a spinnerbait. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, time to go to the shallow lakes. Probaly going to try Turnmill again on Saturday, I think Monday was just a slow day.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:33 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Lake Assunpink 9/29

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFISH13
time to go to the shallow lakes
Hey AJ

Not sure if there is a shallower lake (pond) than Assunpink with deepest I have seen at 14-16 ft. That said, if the lake was heavily stained, it can make things harder. Is the back area choked with weeds?
Old 09-29-2011, 08:52 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunkertaker
Hey AJ

Not sure if there is a shallower lake (pond) than Assunpink with deepest I have seen at 14-16 ft. That said, if the lake was heavily stained, it can make things harder. Is the back area choked with weeds?
Pemberton, Mirror, Rainbow, Parvins, Turn Mill, and Sheperds Mills are all shallower. The lake was it's normal coffee color. The area along the shoreline had plenty of thick weeds, tried frogging but no takers. Some big explosions in them last Sunday, wish I had my frogging rod then. There was some small bait jumping(shad?) on occasion today.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:10 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFISH13
The lake was it's normal coffee color. The area along the shoreline had plenty of thick weeds, tried frogging but no takers. Some big explosions in them last Sunday, wish I had my frogging rod then. There was some small bait jumping(shad?) on occasion today.
Normally Assunpink is clear at this time or year..."coffee color" well, ya know.

Watch out there in the Late months as you gatta watch out for the duck hunters there

Have had some firing irresponsibly across my bow Look out!
Old 09-29-2011, 09:20 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunkertaker
Normally Assunpink is clear at this time or year..."coffee color" well, ya know.

Watch out there in the Late months as you gatta watch out for the duck hunters there

Have had some firing irresponsibly across my bow Look out!
My dad had a conversation with a guy several years ago who wanted to hunt geese and fish at the same time. He was glad he was getting off the lake and not on it .