NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

"1st annual njf ice contest 2015" - Page 27 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 02-26-2015, 05:52 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Talking Re: "1st annual njf ice contest 2015"

I'm doing my best to keep this contest clean. What would the "KIDS" like me to do? I'll bring in another angler not involved in the contest to mediate, moderate the measurements. If this happens there will be quite a few changes in the LEADER BOARD!!!! I vote for this "SHUT UP AND FISH"!!!!! That may not be the right thing to say and I apologize! Lets get out there and get some entry's on the board before the contest ends.

TIGHT LINEZ!!!!
Old 02-26-2015, 06:20 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: "1st annual njf ice contest 2015"

That'd be a great NJF sticker... SHUT UP AND FISH! With an NJF logo...

I'm amped for tomorrow and the weekend... Hoping to see some toads on iceeeeeeee!
Old 02-26-2015, 07:33 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I kinda agree with Matt in regards to the entry fee and the ice contest.
Been bringing it up a few times already and..........
I suggest that ANYONE who has not paid yet be removed from the list....

IMO if one didn't make the effort by now to resolve this than it's really not that important to them and after several posts and tex"s and conversations they still haven't then there is absolutely 100% NO REASON why they should still even be on the contest roster!!!!

It's cool with me whatever your reason NO beef's about it either.
It is just a loose end that needs to be wrapped up...................

16 Ft Princecraft DLX
9.9 Johnson
HELIX 7 Si GPS
Old 02-26-2015, 10:29 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Maybe what I'm about to say doesn't matter because I'm not doing the contest or maybe it does cause it's totally unbiased... Shut up and fish? Hell yeah have to agree, yet a contest is a contest. Whether it's for big money, small prizes, or just bragging rights; it's nothing if it's not fair, that goes for the entry fees and the measuring.

It's kind of messed up that Eddie kind of put the pay in on honor system and guys are taking advantage of it. Bow out if you haven't paid honestly it's the only respectful thing to do.

As for the fish measurements, I checked some of them and many were up to a quarter inch off, seems silly I know but hey a contest is a contest right. One guys 5" can't be another guys 4 3/4". For example sax matts pickerel is actually 1/8" bigger than he put it in as! Monster!

Anyway it has to be understood that no matter how close you look with the naked eye and try to line it up, you will never get that nose lined up with the zero mark. Make it easy next year and mandatory bumper boards for all!
Old 02-26-2015, 11:33 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Good points, but the problem with bumper boards are not many guys have them, and it's a pain in the ass to carry a 50" bumper board to every flag you get. I've had fun doing this tourney, and I know others are having fun as well. Props to a Eddie for running it. You have to expect some problems running an ice tourney like this the first year, but I'm sure we'll work out the kinks if it becomes an annual tournament.
Old 02-27-2015, 07:39 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

i hear ya, but you can actually make a nifty folding one with corrugated plastic board cut in strip sections with a bumper board sticker along it and some clear packing tape over the sections and you can fold it up and it weighs nothing. or attach two small pieces of hard material, wood, metal whatever in and 'L' shape and just attach your measuring tape to it when you want to measure. as long as the fish nose and the measuring tape tip are bumped up against something straight it'd be better than eyeballing it you know what i mean.

next best would be to lay the fish down in the center of the measuring tape no where near the tip and just use a straight edge to figure out it's exact length.

so many things effect the length in a picture it's tough.
Old 02-27-2015, 03:39 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigman13 View Post
Not trying to be a d*ick here, and I know it's tough to measure a fish while its flopping around and your fingers are numb, but that last slime dart is 26.5". The nose is a .25" shy of the front of the tape when you zoom in and the top lobe of the tail seems to be a hair shy of the 7/8 line. Again, not trying to be a douche-bigelow. The contest is FUN first... Just offering up my nearly meaningless opinion

Some people say cucumbers taste better pickled...
Hey man not to be a d*ck or anything but your fish also isn't what you claim it to be. The mouth is open and if you take a straight edge the tail is not at the 20 inch mark. This is just my opinion and I hope you dont take it the wrong way.

Last edited by bigboy5522; 02-27-2015 at 04:01 PM..
Old 02-27-2015, 04:34 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigman13 View Post
Not trying to be a d*ick here, and I know it's tough to measure a fish while its flopping around and your fingers are numb, but that last slime dart is 26.5". The nose is a .25" shy of the front of the tape when you zoom in and the top lobe of the tail seems to be a hair shy of the 7/8 line. Again, not trying to be a douche-bigelow. The contest is FUN first... Just offering up my nearly meaningless opinion

Some people say cucumbers taste better pickled...
Have to tell you are being a dick let the people running the contest do there job enough said !!! If I win you can have my prize I fish to have fun not to win fishing contest Peace
Old 02-27-2015, 05:04 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Time for some popcorn. 😱
Old 02-27-2015, 05:30 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador