NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

PUOSU VIII Final on Mimi 12/19 - Page 12 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 12-19-2015, 09:08 PM
PUOSU Tog Master

Default Re: PUOSU VIII Final on Mimi 12/19

Congrats Joe.. Wish I would had been there to witness it. Nice fish!
Old 12-19-2015, 11:26 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Well another PUOSU in the books. Congrats to Joe the Plummer for catching his fish of a lifetime on the right day especially on a day wear bites were at a premium. You know it is a tough Day when Blackfish Bobby s tied for high hook with 3 fish. A big thank you to all who participated this year to keep the memory of LAB alive. Special thanks goes out to our fearless leader for putting this all together as it is no easy task and very time consuming. Can not wait until next year to do it all again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1019.JPG
Views:	455
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	92806  
Old 12-20-2015, 09:03 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I'm already planning for next year

I'm sure the money will come at a good time for the wells family. Great job on everyone's part!
Old 12-20-2015, 12:43 PM
Owner NJFishing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP View Post
Well another PUOSU in the books. Congrats to Joe the Plummer for catching his fish of a lifetime on the right day especially on a day wear bites were at a premium. You know it is a tough Day when Blackfish Bobby s tied for high hook with 3 fish. A big thank you to all who participated this year to keep the memory of LAB alive. Special thanks goes out to our fearless leader for putting this all together as it is no easy task and very time consuming. Can not wait until next year to do it all again.
Thanks for helping out again Alex. Like you, my thanks comes when I'm on these trips looking down the rail, seeing fish flying, listening to chops being busted, people making new friendships, renewing old ones and creating more memories.

A few great lines and memories:

- Ragusa - "I remember when I caught my first 2 pound fish"

- JMurr after Small Fry caught a keeper - "I hope you get nothin for Xmas kid"

- Joe the Plumbers big "YES!! " and fist pounding when his PUOSU winning and PB fish hit the deck

- Hookset trying to set Joey up when he went to the bathroom and Joey caught him red handed.

- Bobby Quinn coming down working the crowd. I gave him my pole and told him to show me how it's done... He hooks one, hands the pole off to me says "that's how it's done" and I reel in his skate.

- DFish rattling my pole when I wasn't looking and hadn't had a hit in a few hours... My neck still hurts.

- The look on Jarheads face when he reels in a 10 pounder and the mate says " It's not your hook in that fish" and seeing Bobber standing on the other side of the deck with a limp pole and $hit eating grin.

- The always funny and never gets old " THIS SPOT SUCKS "

- The look on the mates face when someone threw up in the bathroom

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area

Last edited by Gerry Zagorski; 12-20-2015 at 12:50 PM..
Old 12-20-2015, 04:36 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP View Post
I think Blackfish Bobby only had one keeper and his son Thing1 had the 3. Way to go kiddo.

And for those of you that don't do Facebook, here is the captain's comments on why and where we fished.

"This trip as I always remembered was to try and catch some quality fish,was what I tried for was hoping for more than we had but..mike used to stop and talk with me down here alot we always talked about this being for bigger fish. Maybe if I went inshore more sounds like in hindsight going inshore may have produced few more fish today but not many more and no big ones. Call I made..
Capt. Chris"

Had a great time on both trips, can't wait until next year.
Old 12-20-2015, 08:26 PM
Owner NJFishing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtisb View Post
I think Blackfish Bobby only had one keeper and his son Thing1 had the 3. Way to go kiddo.

And for those of you that don't do Facebook, here is the captain's comments on why and where we fished.

"This trip as I always remembered was to try and catch some quality fish,was what I tried for was hoping for more than we had but..mike used to stop and talk with me down here alot we always talked about this being for bigger fish. Maybe if I went inshore more sounds like in hindsight going inshore may have produced few more fish today but not many more and no big ones. Call I made..
Capt. Chris"

Had a great time on both trips, can't wait until next year.
I think a good call by Captain Chris . We had the biggest fish for as many years as we've been running it and Joe the Plumber, an accomplished Blackfisherman, got his personal best.

Gerry Zagorski <><

NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area

Last edited by Gerry Zagorski; 12-20-2015 at 08:32 PM..
Old 12-21-2015, 02:45 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

- The look on Jarheads face when he reels in a 10 pounder and the mate says " It's not your hook in that fish" and seeing Bobber standing on the other side of the deck with a limp pole and $hit eating grin. [/QUOTE]

I know how Miss Columbia feels

Congratulations to JTP for catching the biggest tog I've ever seen!! Nice fish!!
Thanks to all who brought food and drink... PABeerGuy is my hero The Dirt Wolf was a nice warmer on a rather nippy day. Some serious pullers pulled zeros, but I still feel like an under achiever. Glad I got to join in the fun this year. God willing, we'll all be back again next year for PUOSU IX. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!
Old 12-21-2015, 03:11 PM
Owner NJFishing.com

Miss Columbia

You've come a long way Artie.... You are eager to learn and a quick study.

Having said that, throw it all out the window when it comes to Blackfishing.
I don't care how long you've been at it, it can be very humbling... You're a hero one day and a bum the next...

After you get the feel for it, a lot of it comes down to having the right bait in the right place at the right time and when you get your chance, having the right equipment to pull the piggy out of the rocks.

If you put in your time, every once and a while all the pieces come together.

Gerry Zagorski <><

NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area
Old 12-21-2015, 03:54 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

great job to all!!!!!! another outstanding showing by njfishing and its members
for a great cause.
Old 12-21-2015, 06:43 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I don't care how long you've been at it, it can be very humbling... You're a hero one day and a bum the next...

After you get the feel for it, a lot of it comes down to having the right bait in the right place at the right time and when you get your chance, having the right equipment to pull the piggy out of the rocks.

I Concur! I've been there recently and before then many times. This is what I say before the day begins togging... It's not what you have done before it's what you do today. Dennis