NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Blackfish jig ???????? - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk Use this board to talk about Bait and Tackle and see offers from our Bait and Tackle Sponsors

Old 01-27-2018, 07:11 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Re: Blackfish jig ????????

From my own personal, very limited, experience fishing the Tog jig, I haven’t noticed much of a difference as far as colors. I’ve even switched to a bare unpainted jig after I broke off a neon green jig and didn’t witness much difference in the bite.

I do try to go with the lightest weight I can get away with that will hold bottom in the current. Also surprisingly, I’ve only been able to detect it when fishing from a pier in slow moving water, but there have been times when a Tog will take a jig well before it gets to the bottom. Took me by surprise the first time it happened. I was fishing a piling and as I was slowly lowering my jig, the line went slack. Thought my jig got stuck on the piling somehow because I knew it definitely wasn’t on the bottom yet. By the time I realized I had a fish on, it was too late. Had me wrapped around the piling.
Old 01-29-2018, 11:06 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

tog jigs are made to catch fisherman more than tog, like a lot of lures. i still want a nice strong hook that holds a point, and as a bonus a sweet color scheme. check out tog candy jigs, that's pretty much all we use now especially from the yak.
Old 01-29-2018, 02:00 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil View Post
tog jigs are made to catch fisherman more than tog, like a lot of lures. i still want a nice strong hook that holds a point, and as a bonus a sweet color scheme. check out tog candy jigs, that's pretty much all we use now especially from the yak.
X2!!! Quality