NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Killer Kingfish Rigs! - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk Use this board to talk about Bait and Tackle and see offers from our Bait and Tackle Sponsors

Old 08-03-2012, 10:52 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Killer Kingfish Rigs!

Snapperhead, or any other kingfish extraordinaire,

I'll be down in the Manasquan area next week and am interested in trying to catch some kingfish. I've never specifically targeted them before. Should I focus my effort by the inlet, small jetties, open sand troughs, wash? Where do they normally hide out? If you don't get hits right away do you bounce around, or stick with a spot and eventually they'll come?

Thanks for any info you can supply. The pictures of the rigs were helpful.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:21 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropics
Nice job Ben if you have to make choker leaders, you can still use the Kiwi for the loop tie them small. Keep up the good reports.
Thanks Richie! Haven't seen you in a while. Hopefully we can get out again soon.

SNAPPER

A proud customer of Ancient Mariner's Bait and Tackle for 9 years. (AND COUNTING....)

Old 08-04-2012, 06:33 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurr711
yep those will work although i have tended to move away from the floats and i use size 6 octopus hooks and jigman yes there should be kings all along lbi just good luck getting through the locusts i mean spots

Are you fishing the back or out in front? Interesting to hear this. I used to tell everyone to lose the floats, go with the more natural look. Turned out the floats made a big difference. Just goes to show you how things will vary with different fishermen. ( I admit, the crowd that had more luck with the floats, may not have been as skilled. Still, your claim backs up my gutt feelings, but I have to help everyone catch as much as they can, so I go against my better judgement when the results say I am wrong. )
Old 08-18-2012, 10:20 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Hey Snapper & friends.
Gotta confirm those rigs are in fact killer! They were all over them this past week @ IBSP. Outfished everyone around me w/ them. Baited w/ fishbites. With those little razor sharp circles they hooked themselves evertime which allowed me to leam them out there & wait for the doubel header! We'll be eating well for a while!
Thanks again SnapperBlue for poseing a great rig!
JD