NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Njf Ice Meet-n-greet 1/11-1/12 - Page 15 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 01-24-2014, 10:46 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Njf ice m-n-g part 2, jan 26th

After not having been on the ice for 35 years since I hate the cold, you maniacs have convinced me to suck it up and join in on Sunday. I scraped together enough gear with the exception of an auger so hopefully someone can lend a hand punching me a few holes. Can't wait...
Old 01-24-2014, 12:35 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Guys just dress REALLY warm, like whatever u were thinking of wearing put on an extra layer and DONT FORGET longs johns and thermals underneath it all, bring extra stuff leave in ur vehicle just in case.....I have an ice suit and I got layers on underneath it for sub 20s temps esp w the wind its gonna be blowin a little bit sunday......it aint no fun being cold.

We got plenty of augers between us, Ill drill as many holes as u want to whoever needs it, if you have no gear just bring a set of ice picks and a trout rod u can jig w that just fine.

Anthony was out this morning for a few and theres 7+ off barnes so no worries, u can drive a quad or snowmobile on that thickness.....
Old 01-24-2014, 02:33 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Just got home from being away all week for work....Sounds like a great time and I'm in. I have no ice gear at all but I'll bring what I got to see if we can make it work....Like Dale says...it's about the time not the fish for me.

Well I do have a flask so that's ice fishing gear right? (Sorry Eddie there will be no hot sauce in it! Reference Christmas Party 2013 for details if you weren't there) I fiugre with that a chair, a cigar, and some food I'm all set no matter what the conditions!

I'll figure something to add to the menu also....if anyone needs anything last minute just let me know. I can bring firewood if we still need it....PM me.

See you boys in a couple days....Looking forward to it.

Last edited by kcritch; 01-24-2014 at 02:44 PM..
Old 01-24-2014, 06:25 PM
iceehot6766

Just remember this...............FISH ON FELLAS!!!!

Old 01-24-2014, 06:36 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Looks like I'm 90% sure ill be there. You guys need me to bring anything and where exactly is the spot on hopatcong?
Old 01-24-2014, 07:05 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Talking Re: Njf ice m-n-g part 2, jan 26th

The spot to get on the ice is at Barnes Bros marina. There's a small beach area there. Hammered the tasty Perch in this area last year. Check it out on google maps. We will have FIRE!!!!! Bring what you want when it comes to food. We'll have a bunch of stoves on the ice. See you out there.

Jimmy said it, just when you think your good when it comes to clothes, bring more. Keeping the wind off your body is very important. Make sure those feet are toasty as well.

See you MANIACS Sunday!!!! Can't wait!!!! TIGHT LINEZ!!!!!!!
Old 01-24-2014, 07:24 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Good luck guys well be out in the am! I gota make it to one of these but might head to ny sunday idk if not im in!!! Will know for sure by tomorrow night
Old 01-24-2014, 07:37 PM
Old Soft Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTEDDIE29 View Post
The spot to get on the ice is at Barnes Bros marina. There's a small beach area there. Hammered the tasty Perch in this area last year. Check it out on google maps. We will have FIRE!!!!! Bring what you want when it comes to food. We'll have a bunch of stoves on the ice. See you out there.

Jimmy said it, just when you think your good when it comes to clothes, bring more. Keeping the wind off your body is very important. Make sure those feet are toasty as well.

See you MANIACS Sunday!!!! Can't wait!!!! TIGHT LINEZ!!!!!!!
For your GPS
Barnes Bros marina
11 Windemere Ave, Mt Arlington, NJ

Guess you made bail leave Lindsey at home
Old 01-24-2014, 09:41 PM
NJFishing.com Member

We'll be there. What's more important to bring... Food or wood? Gotta hut and Power Auger
Old 01-25-2014, 12:29 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggywithit View Post
We'll be there. What's more important to bring... Food or wood?
Yes...Ha just bustin'...

But for real bring some of both if you can. Knowing Mitch and Dale and Eddie there will be a lot of food. I'm bringin' somethin' too. Fire wood is a pain to haul so bring some if you got it..I'm gonna pack up as much as I can...worst case I bring it back home....and if there's room in that hut..I got cash brotha! Ha...See you there.