NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Pike-a-thon 3, 2015!!! 6/27-7/5!!! - Page 16 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 07-04-2015, 04:14 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Pike-a-thon 3, 2015!!! 6/27-7/5!!!

[quote=skunk city;411025]got out for some rainy day piking with fasteddie, bling306 and mistah. Not a crazy day, eddie started it off with a nice 4lb+ lmb that crushed a topwater, followed by an acrobatic pike that spit the hook while freaking out at the kayak. Tried a new area and i got on the board with 2 fish, a 33.5" and a 27". Big relax swimshad did the damage.
[/quote

YEA BUDDY!!!

All PIKE SAFELY RELEASED!!!
Old 07-04-2015, 05:51 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Pike-a-thon 3, 2015!!! 6/27-7/5!!!

What condition is the river in?
Old 07-04-2015, 07:23 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Got out for a little while today. Had a couple of pike between 22 and 30". The river is not at the usual summer lows but is still very fishable. The rain today didn't do much at all.
Old 07-04-2015, 08:13 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Nice fish everyone! Got out today as well but ended up with only a few little smallies on the spinnerbait. Unfortunately I won't be able to go out tomorrow because of a family barbecue, so I guess it's time for me to throw in the white towel. Maybe one of these days I'll get one over 30, but before I go searching for that fish again I think I need to spend some time fishing for a more productive species instead of throwing baits for 6-7 hours only to get 1-2 fish.
Old 07-05-2015, 02:20 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Today I missed the biggest Pike of my life in a stretch of river that hasn't been stocked for years according to NJF&G. I was twitching my plug and all of the sudden a fish comes out of the water for it jumping about 4-5 feet into the air but doesn't come tight. The lure flies 20 or so feet in the air and lands in a damn tree. The fish was an estimated 42-44 inches with the girth that I've never seen in an NJ river before. This was the first 20+ lb Pike I've seen in person other than Jigman13's MONSTER caught out of no name lake 2 years ago through the ice. This fish jumped out of the water right next to me and I was shaking like a leaf after witnessing the sheer size of this RIVER MONSTER! Am I upset I didn't catch her? Of course!!! But, I know where she lives for next time. The amount of Pike in certain stretches of the river is amazing. This fish was far, far away from any stocking point. I may have to contact the state on this one because I know certain stretches should be stocked more than others. Mark B, Shawn Crouse, you guys might be very interested in the info I have on the Passaic river.

Fish of a lifetime is still swimming strong. I did manage to land 2 Pike today. 1 @ 28 inches and another @ 30 inches. Over all I managed to catch about 75 Pike in the last 3 weeks with the majority of them being over 30 inches. What a great early summer it has been on the river! The fish are happy, healthy and thriving on the MIGHTY P!!!

TIGHT LINEZ!!!!
Old 07-05-2015, 03:36 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Hit the river for a little while this morning. Pulled the hooks on a fish and ended up this this flawless beauty. Didn't measure her because I knew there was no way she was going to beat Eddie's fish, but I would estimate right around 30". Had a blast fishing the tournament! Plenty of action on the few days I fished, but no monsters.

Eddie, just to double check, any chance I can enter this 30b striper I caught on topwater on Thursday
Old 07-05-2015, 10:27 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Eddie, you win...the imagination award! A 44" pike!? Call me when you catch it! I think you had a classic p river hallucination! Did you drink the river water again??
https://www.instagram.com/chrisper_fishing/
https://www.facebook.com/mat.nelson.54
Old 07-06-2015, 06:55 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Congratulations and thanks for putting this together Eddie. I tried again yesterday morning for a couple of hours and had a 28 inch and a solid, fat 32 inch pike in my first 10 casts. Only one 30 inch pike after that. I wound up getting on the river 4 times during the contest with a total of 14 pike landed......but the biggest of 32 inches just didn't make the cut.

Congrats again to Eddie !!
Old 07-06-2015, 08:55 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thanx Dan! Sure was a blast catching these toothy critters the last couple of weeks. They are doing quite well on the P! Vicious strikes, aerial shows and drag ripping are the things that keeps me interested in this fishery.

As you all know,
THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE WINNER!!!

I'll be happy to take the PIKE-A-THON 3 title once again. Going strong for 3 years with another river master, "Skunk City" right up my arse once again. I have a good feeling this battle will go on for years to come. Hopefully we'll get to do this again next year if you guys want it to happen. Thanx again to all the participants! See you out there somewhere!

PIKE-A-THON 3, 2015 is now OVER!!!
TIGHT LINEZ!!!!

P.S. I'm still waiting for Andre and Ryan to enter there fish!!! What happened fellas? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!! Sorry, but I had to do it................

Last edited by FASTEDDIE29; 07-06-2015 at 09:03 AM..
Old 07-06-2015, 10:56 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Eddy Eddy,

Congratulations to you my brother as well as Rob.

The pike belt was defended...... this time.

What can I say .... no pike was landed by me during that time. My mouth was bigger than my skills so my hat is off to you fellas.

While pike was sighted on multiple occasions, was not able to have it strike home.

That's okay though your reign will not last for long. Mark my words.

So all I have to show for the pike a thon are biggest snappers I have ever caught. If anyone has a recipe for turtle soup I will need that since the next one I get is done.

Congratulations again. Drinks are on me my brother for both you and rob.

Andre