NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Fishermans Rally; Wash DC March 21, 2012 - Page 5 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations This board is closed for posting but will serve as an archieve for all Fisheries Management and Regulations posts from other boards.

Old 01-25-2012, 11:50 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Fishermans Rally; Wash DC March 21, 2012

RIGHT ON SPORTS!!!!they are kicking 94 year old ladies out of the houses they were born in.you think they give flying sh*t about some peeps fishing.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:16 PM
Owner NJFishing.com

Sport and Dunker.... Everyone on this board is certainly entitled to their opinions, but why discourage people who support the march and are attempting to make a difference??

I just don't get where the 2 of you are coming from... If you don't want to go or can't that's fine, but why seemingly go out of your way discourage others?

What are your motives here??

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area
Old 01-25-2012, 01:34 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

BD and Sportie , I guess that this means that you guys are not going to make it . I know that you both have stepped up on other issues in the past why not give us some suggestions ? I agree that we should vote out the people that are not doing their jobs . From the top down (Nobama) . When we vote as a block they will either listen or be packing their bags . I talked to that guy with the 40 at the last March . He was wearing a baseball cap with an American Flag on it and his OD Forest Camo Heavy Jacket . He said that he was a Vietman Vet and could we spare some change or a smoke . Just think that could be some of Us or our Friends if we don't do something soon .
Old 01-25-2012, 01:35 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

thanks jerry,so because we share a differant point of view we are pointed out.we never said not to go only that we don't agree.good luck to all,i'm out
Old 01-25-2012, 05:34 PM
Owner NJFishing.com

Was not my intention to single the 2 of you out Bunker. Judging by your comments here I think you are both passionate about this issue and as a result are frustrated and don't think the March can make a difference.

It may not, but it certainly can't hurt and is better than doing nothing.

I respect your opinion and not wanting to attend, but I think we are all on the same team here in regards to protecting our rights to fish and think the people that choose to March deserve our support and encouragement.

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area
Old 01-25-2012, 05:50 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I will be there !
Old 01-25-2012, 08:08 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I can totally understand why you think the way you do Ed. Every year the noose gets tighter around our necks. It seems we run into a damned if we do-damned if we don't scenario at every turn.

But as much as it seems we've got a mountain to climb, we have to start walking somewhere. Gay marriage wasn't granted overnight, a lot of people had to work very hard to make it happen. A lot of marches, a lot of lobbying, a lot of letter writing, just to get it in a couple states, not national change like we're looking for. We've marched once, gonna take a lot more than that to cause any change. I agree with pete that making clear that we have the ability to vote as a block and will vote for the candidates that make advocating for fishermen in washington a priority is a big step. I agree that this battle is one we shouldn't have to fight, but the fact of the matter is that we have to fight it, and I very much doubt that any politician of any party has a "magic wand" that they can wave that will fix this (or for that matter, any) issue, and we should heavily beware any politican who seems that they are promising us such (AKA gov. blubberbutt promising fisheries related change then selling us out to out-of-state omega protein in order to fuel his personal aims of running for POTUS in 2016).

We started walking in 2010, we gotta keep our issue in the fronts of the minds of these politicians. 2012 is a big election year and both parties recognize that every vote in every race will count. We need to make it clear that every last one of us that can make it to the polls will make it and that we will vote as a block in supporting candidates that support our right to fish, Democrat or Republican.

All of this is my own opinion, and I certainly respect the opinions of others on this matter and hope to see you all there in March at the march.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:09 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

1ST,i have earned my rights.
2nd, who the hell is anyone here to judge anyone else.
i am using my "FREEDOM OF CHOICE" & "MY FREEDOM OF SPEECH".
if i might quote someone from this site"its an opinion,if ya don't like it don't read it."
Old 01-26-2012, 08:30 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunker dunker
1ST,i have earned my rights.
2nd, who the hell is anyone here to judge anyone else.
i am using my "FREEDOM OF CHOICE" & "MY FREEDOM OF SPEECH".
if i might quote someone from this site"its an opinion,if ya don't like it don't read it."
BD , 1 ; this is about someone else taking away the rights that You Earned . 2; Disagreeing is not judging . Nothing good comes without some form of turmoil . 3;this is a Forum and you are encouraged to speak whats on your mind . 4; why take the time to type something that won't be read .
Old 01-26-2012, 08:43 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

as long as i don't disagree with who????? look go march, have fun and do what"you" think is right.i see that like our own goverment if you disagree with
something"your being negitive".thank you for explaining this as i would have never understood it.is this site funded by acorn??