NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

9th Annual RFA Flukathon Sat June 17th Official Sign Up - Page 5 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing Use this board to post all general salt water fishing information. Please use the appropriate boards below for all other information. General information about sailing times, charter availability and open boats trips can be found and should be posted in the open boat forum.

Old 05-10-2017, 07:52 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: 9th Annual RFA Flukathon Sat June 17th Official Sign Up

We need 10 more to sail........... Is that correct? Plenty of notice on this one guys and gals. Let's fill this one for "FLUKES" sake!!! For our future, for our fisheries future.....
Old 05-13-2017, 09:20 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

unfortunate to say there isnt much of a future. its the beginning of the end. rfa hasnt helped us. here i am basically just lost a third of my income. have a 2 year old son. and all anyone says is maybe itll get better next year. dont waste your money on bs organizations that dont get anything done.
Old 05-13-2017, 11:11 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmarguy View Post
unfortunate to say there isnt much of a future. its the beginning of the end. rfa hasnt helped us. here i am basically just lost a third of my income. have a 2 year old son. and all anyone says is maybe itll get better next year. dont waste your money on bs organizations that dont get anything done.
total disagree... They do a lot. Waste your money??? How about this being a time for more people to get involved.

RFA

Instagram - salt_life1985

Team F.O.M.F.
Old 05-15-2017, 01:17 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: 9th Annual RFA Flukathon Sat June 17th Official Sign Up

We need 10 more!!!

RFA

Team F.O.M.F.
Old 05-15-2017, 12:38 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I will update more on this trip tomorrow. I fully respect all the anger and disappointment related to the recent developments. I like most of you am feeling similar and have opinions on all the threads, posts etc regarding the Fluke situation. Having said that and after being on numerous phone calls all weekend and another meeting tonight I have decided to wait until all the Facts / reasons etc are clear and present before I share them here.

Enough speculation / blame flying around all over right now, some at the right targets, a lot unjustified.

As far as the trip, I think more than ever we could use a day on the water so still planning on moving forward with this trip. There may be a few tweaks to the fundraiser portion but again will update more tomorrow.

I have another 10-12 guys in the mix from my world so pretty sure we will be able to sail.

Thanks
Old 05-15-2017, 12:52 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Dave well said let's not put the cart before the horse.
Old 05-15-2017, 01:42 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Dave thank you and everyone else involved for everything that you do

I couldn't agree more that this is the time to show your support and get involved instead of blaming other people and throwing your hands up in the air

Now is the time people , please if you can show your support and get on this trip ,

The funny thing is that I remember when most complained that if the trip was on a Saturday or A Sunday people would come out and fill the trip in minutes???

GDubs-

Last edited by GDubya07; 05-15-2017 at 01:46 PM.. Reason: Update
Old 05-16-2017, 07:57 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

We had yet another meeting last night. As far as I am concerned the war on fishing regulations just heated up not died off because we lost another battle.
Its a war and again NO ONE is happy with the current situation whatever it may turn out tomorrow. The WAR is Quotas and MSA Reform
After 9 years participating I have learned and am still learning how difficult this is but believe doing something is better than doing nothing, and have seen many doing more than me at their own expense

As disappointing as the recent situation is I cant justify to myself giving up so this TRIP is ON. I WILL find enough to sail and then some. Talked to Capt Ron and he is excited to have us.

Update on fundraising for this trip:
- Because I still believe in the WAR 50% will go RFA-NJ and 50% to SSFFF
- To cover trip expenses as stated we need a minimum of 30 as I never have asked for a discount from our hard working captains, what they charge is what I pay.
- I cant given the current situation ask for raffle prizes from our local NJ businesses as in the past . I am sure you understand but I will try and get something from big industry.
- I personally am donating (1) Bogan Rod and 3 spots on my trips with Capt Jerry on the Fish Monger . (1) Spot each on July 25th , Aug 29 and Sept 5 Fluke trips
- We will do (2) 50/50 's a $20 and a $10 plus a boat pool for the most kept shorts LOL (Just kidding ASMFC and NOAA but by the way GFY)

So we give a NJ Party Boat some business, we fish for fluke, get out on the water, have some fun, maybe even bitch a little, learn more about the war we face, give SSFFF a few bucks and let loose a little.

Support and come if you want, Don't if you don't but we are going
Old 05-17-2017, 12:21 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dales529 View Post
We had yet another meeting last night. As far as I am concerned the war on fishing regulations just heated up not died off because we lost another battle.
Its a war and again NO ONE is happy with the current situation whatever it may turn out tomorrow. The WAR is Quotas and MSA Reform
After 9 years participating I have learned and am still learning how difficult this is but believe doing something is better than doing nothing, and have seen many doing more than me at their own expense

As disappointing as the recent situation is I cant justify to myself giving up so this TRIP is ON. I WILL find enough to sail and then some. Talked to Capt Ron and he is excited to have us.

Update on fundraising for this trip:
- Because I still believe in the WAR 50% will go RFA-NJ and 50% to SSFFF
- To cover trip expenses as stated we need a minimum of 30 as I never have asked for a discount from our hard working captains, what they charge is what I pay.
- I cant given the current situation ask for raffle prizes from our local NJ businesses as in the past . I am sure you understand but I will try and get something from big industry.
- I personally am donating (1) Bogan Rod and 3 spots on my trips with Capt Jerry on the Fish Monger . (1) Spot each on July 25th , Aug 29 and Sept 5 Fluke trips
- We will do (2) 50/50 's a $20 and a $10 plus a boat pool for the most kept shorts LOL (Just kidding ASMFC and NOAA but by the way GFY)

So we give a NJ Party Boat some business, we fish for fluke, get out on the water, have some fun, maybe even bitch a little, learn more about the war we face, give SSFFF a few bucks and let loose a little.

Support and come if you want, Don't if you don't but we are going
I Dont think it could have been said any better.

RFA

Team F.O.M.F.
Old 05-17-2017, 07:51 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Pool for the most shorts? At last! One I can win !!!!!
Now throw one in for the most shit fish and I'd be in heaven

Thanks Dales for all you do !