NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

9th Annual RFA Flukathon Sat June 17th Official Sign Up - Page 14 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing Use this board to post all general salt water fishing information. Please use the appropriate boards below for all other information. General information about sailing times, charter availability and open boats trips can be found and should be posted in the open boat forum.

Old 06-18-2017, 09:54 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: 9th Annual RFA Flukathon Sat June 17th Official Sign Up

Dave thank you for all that you do in putting these great trips together but we can never get the conditions or day right but regardless of all that what a great time I had and after the past couple weeks I needed to laff like a mental patient and did more than usual, total Mental Health Day . I had a blast fishing near the pulpit and it was like being at a comedy show at everyones expense. I still suck and caught 2 shorts but it was worth it. Steve you’re my boy blue and how did that banjo minnow work out?

Thank you to Captain Ron for all the hard work you did trying to put us on the fish. With the big ground swell from the other day and just poo-poo conditions you did your usual above and beyond. Top notch operation and thank you again for finding some fishies for us in crap conditions

Mad shout out to Slater’s for the delicious sandwiches and Dakota for those sloppy Joes - Outstanding, you made the Fat Kid Very Happy also thanks to our fearless leader for bring that delicious amberbach

Congrats to Jeff once again on a great fish and that's the way we should all fish, a relentless bucktailing machine

Nice to see the freshwater guys show up in force and at least the rain didn’t bother them and most of the saltwater guys ran for cover as soon as it started raining, great to meet you Fast Eddie and you are a trooper. Dakota great meeting you and thank you for breaking down all of that data in putting it in terms even I can understand

Great trip, great laffing, great times and cake by the Ocean

GDubs-

Last edited by GDubya07; 06-18-2017 at 05:54 PM..
Old 06-18-2017, 10:46 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

At least it didn't snow Always a blast : RFA + Fishermen Flukathon . . . perfect together. Not the greatest catching day but easily my best day on the water this year Happy Father's Day guys
Old 06-18-2017, 11:14 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Congrats on a successful trips boys! Nice job on settting it all up Dave !

What did the big fish bite on?

KUKUBABY FISHING TEAM

EST. 1995
Old 06-18-2017, 08:01 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
Congrats on a successful trips boys! Nice job on settting it all up Dave !

What did the big fish bite on?
Jig

RFA

Instagram - salt_life1985

Team F.O.M.F.
Old 06-18-2017, 10:25 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesOnFirstAve View Post
Great seeing everyone when you guys came in yesterday. Glad a great time was had by all and congrats to Joey Da Fish on winning the Costa/Fisch/580G's!
Joey got another pair of costas! Geeze, the rich get richer
Old 06-19-2017, 06:01 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Is Steve still yellow? OMG making Hyundai's outta wood... the laughs just kept on coming. Thankfully I'm a funny bastard cause I cant fish, sh&t I even got Kurtis to smile twice in one day. But all laughs aside, Dales Gerry and Co thanks for all your efforts and keeping this horrible fishing tradition alive. Capt Ron n crew thanks for a great day as always, and always great seeing my boys, dubs, als mako, salt Jr n Sr. 00-60 da fish, Wilson, tropics, Larry n jr, Kurtis etc.. looking fwd to the Sea Robin Dogfish trips to come.

Hopefully everyone had a great fathers day and look fwd to seeing all you guys out on the water this summer.

Wilson no pic of Joes pink bag?
Supporter SSFFF
Founder & President FGGF
Old 06-19-2017, 07:23 AM
Old Soft Salt

Sorry for the late post, I had a death in the family last week and was lucky just to get out and lose one short for the whole day

Had a great time in spite of the lackluster catching.

Follow this link to view all the pixs
http://s920.photobucket.com/user/spi...?sort=3&page=1
Old 06-19-2017, 09:02 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Ok another "Ground Hog Day" RFA Trip. Thanks to Capt Ron , Jimmy and Joe for making the most of suspect conditions. Actually given that I thought the catch was respectable for the current PB fishing so far this year. Some had 2, some had 1 but at least half the boat had a keeper. (will mention Jeff JR fish later in this post) Real beauty. Capt Ron did his usual effort which is one of the best in the fleet and put something on board.

I have tried 5 year olds, Psychics, little old ladies that always win at slot machines, brought an actual nun on board, etc etc to pick dates and we always end up the same. Next Trip I am booking tomorrow and yesterday!!
Not throwing in the towel yet, even the cubs finally won a world series.

Thanks to everyone again for making this happen and never laughed harder than this trip. The bow takes the "cake" for the most epic BB and comedy show ever put on an RFA trip. Led by Lefty Reeler and G Dubs it would put Tosh.O , Louis CK and a roast of Justin Bieber to shame. Had we recorded this an R rated Channel would pick it up as a reality show. A Fishing show about NOTHING! (Aka Sienfeld) .

Season 2 may be delayed as Lefty and G dubs go on their mandated Asian Apology tour though.

You got to believe in Karma!
- Jeff and Jeff Criswells put together at their own time and expense gift bags with a lot of great tackle and get rewarded with some keepers and Jeff Jr gets a well deserved quality 8 + lber to take the pool. Glad it was you Jeff. Have to get you on the tournament circuit
- Dakota does all that statistical work for SSFFF and explaining it here plus donates the best sloppy joes I have ever had and gets rewarded via his son winning half the raffle prizes, monger trip and 50/50
- Larry Hart donates a Rod / Reel Combo and his son Brian wins a Monger trip.
Larry also gets best HAT award again.

Gerry and Joey Da Fish ALWAYS step up.

Henry donates great hand towels for everyone (Ok so Karma didn't work for you Sorry)

Anyway you guys make this easy to run and glad to do it for as long as you want. Maybe another go at it in August?
I will run the numbers and see where we ended up but probably between $1500 and 2K raised for a great cause with parts going to RFA-NJ Chapter and SSFFF.
Not going to change the world but we all can complain with a clear conscience for doing something rather than nothing.

Great day and Thanks Again
Old 06-19-2017, 09:55 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Well another one in the books. Just when I thought it could not get any better the 9th annual broke all the records. The bow was better than some comedy shows I've been to with non-stop laughter. Congratulations to the kid for the flukeasaures ( all though Joey hold that title) of the day. For a while I thought the red bag had the pool. Glad the trip was a success and can't wait till next time. Dave did as always a fantastic job putting this together. Thanks to Captain Ron, Joe and Jimmy making this trip one to remember. Glad to see you all, Larry that's some bad hat.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:48 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
Sorry for the late post, I had a death in the family last week and was lucky just to get out and lose one short for the whole day

Had a great time in spite of the lackluster catching.

Follow this link to view all the pixs
http://s920.photobucket.com/user/spi...?sort=3&page=1
Really Wilson ,

I said nothing but good things about the freshwater guys too and even offered you guys gulp!......

You could of made the picture smaller at least, I have a big dome head and even bigger mouth that takes up the whole frame -

And a great time was had by all

GDubs-