NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Fish Monger 4/30 Blackfish Limit/ Codfish/ Striper Limit!!! - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 04-30-2010, 09:18 PM
Site Sponsor

Default Fish Monger 4/30 Blackfish Limit/ Codfish/ Striper Limit!!!

Well another Nice day to be on the water!!! Had Greg Vonga's Charter along with fellow Fish Monger Regulars, Joe Jigs, Richie, Bob Bates, Tony Triggs and Reel Ron.

Headed out for our last day of Spring Blackfishing. Headed towards the grounds and again the bass were blowing up with bird life and crazy readings... Broke the jigs out and had the Mutiple hook ups right away with nice size fish up to 23lbs... Boxed up a 6 man limit Before 8:30 am... let a bunch More shorts and a Couple of Bigger Females and Blues Go free for another day!!!

Back to the Blackfish and It appeared to be as slow as Yesterday... We still had the south current and the Blackfish didnt chew Well on our first couple drops with only a Few keepers and shorts.

At Lunch time i Decided to make a Big run to the south to a different area... Glad i Did Payed off for us!!! First drop No life But on the second drop we had a Nice shot of codfish ( So nice to see 2 Miles From the beach) Most were shorts But some nice action... we caught around 25 Cod and 7 were keeper size!!! Then after we picked the codfish the we started to get some blackfish Bites... Reel Ron started it off with a Nice Keeper... Started to Build some life.. It wasnt good But we Began to pick away on crabs.... Picked and Plucked around until we had a 6 man Limit! Not a Good Bite But considering the morning and yesterday it was a Nice way to end the season!!!

By days end the guys wound up with a 6 Man Limit of Blackfish... 25 or so Codfish with 7 Making it to the Box and Everyone also had a Limit of Stripers to take Home. almost forgot the Lone Ling

Great Day with an Awesome Fun Crew always a pleasure to have you guys aboard!!! Thanks Again Guys!!!
Check out Jr dock Helper In the pics he was walking on the dock and had to hold a fish and check them all out... He Dug right in I cant wait to get him out there in the action

Hopefully this Great Striper Action keeps up!!! Will be at it with Charters all weekend... Next week week we do have some Open Boat Spots Tues wed Thur... Check Open Boat Forum for More Info!!!

Give a Buzz lets go fishing!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	St Co Bl 004.jpg
Views:	697
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	21760   Click image for larger version

Name:	St Co Bl 007.jpg
Views:	616
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	21761  
Capt. Jerry (732) 688-0765
Office (732) 403-6056
www.fishmongercharters.com

Last edited by Capt. Jerry P; 04-30-2010 at 09:44 PM..
Old 04-30-2010, 09:19 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Fish Monger 4/30 Blackfish Limit/ Codfish/ Striper Limit!!!

goood job cpt,,,,,but why my day.....lol,,,,hahahaha
someone met gooood cpt,but someone met bed cpt...
Old 04-30-2010, 09:42 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Fish Monger 4/30 Blackfish Limit/ Codfish/ Striper Limit!!!

Yea, what he said. Uh no,nevermind.

Thanks for a great day to Jerry & Wayne & thanks for the invite Greg. Couldn't think of a better crew to end Tog season with, Greg, Joe, Tony, Richie & Bates. Togaholics anon.

I FISH I VOTE I MARCHED (BOTH TIMES.)
Old 04-30-2010, 09:37 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Thanks for another great day Capts Jerry & Wayne. Long successful day of hard fishing thanks to Fishmonger style pull out all the stops perseverance. Great crew to fish with. Nice way to end the spring tog season. I am dog tired and going to sleep now.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:42 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Nice !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BUD.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	21763  
Old 04-30-2010, 11:47 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Nice catch Monger. Had buddy out last week out of Barnegat and they had 30 cod. Great to see those fish coming back strong the last few years.

MVP
Old 05-01-2010, 06:53 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Excellent catching. Nice to see the fish are here and that the Capt can make the adjust for the crew and regs.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:22 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

This is the new way for the grand slam, watch a catch!