NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Miss Belmar Princess King Cod Express Report - Page 3 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 02-14-2010, 01:24 PM
Site Sponsor

Default Re: Miss Belmar Princess King Cod Express Report Capt' Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leif
Capt Jimmy will give you his official take on the trip but I just wanted to throw this one out there on a seperate thread for now. Over the next few days we can consolidate all the pre and post MBP cod threads for easy viewing.

Well the overall trip was a success with everyone going home with fish. I would estimate the average catch was 6-7 cod up to the pool winner that was around 18lbs. Most of the fish were "keeper size" to 8lbs.

I was very happy with our catch of 12 keeper cod. Both Leif and Ben had some nice cod, a couple were over 29-30 inches.

It was tough fishing in the morning but as the day progressed we caught more and more. If you kept at is as most anglers did, you put together a good catch. Some guys had 10-12 or more keepers.

Captain Jimmy stayed out later to take advantage of the late bite and we got in around 11:30pm as we hugged the shoreline to avoid a rough ride home with the strong NW wind.

GREAT FOOD, GREAT FRIENDS AND A GREAT CREW.

Great to see and meet everyone. Just an awesome bunch. The nice thing was, there was quite a few NJFISHING Guys on the boat and also a few who haven't fished or caught Cod before. It was a pleasure meeting everyone.

SPECIAL RECOGNITION TO SNAPPERBLUEFISH WHO NEVER STOPPED FISHING AND GOT 6 KEEPER COD. AWESOME JOB BEN!

Leif

Well @ 7:00 pm friday nite we did roll call. Loaded our boat full of HUNGRY COD FISHERMAN aboard and @ 8:00 pm we left the slip. Did our bridge thing and got out the inlet about 8:15.On the way we still had some breeze so we hugged both beaches for a nice ride out. During this time the guys were getting ready, telling stories , some sleeping and of course the FOOD WAS FLYING. Cod Cakes, Fish Chowder, and i even managed a plate of stir fry . We were @ Montauk about 3ish looked a little and settled in by 4ish. ( Taking the beach route makes for a nice ride , but it adds a little time.About a half hour more. I'd rather have the nice ride) There was no night bite for say and i believe Leif popped our cherry @ day break with a keeper cod. Things were looking grim , but the day was getting nicer and conditions were improving .We picked up made a little move to the east, tried drifting and anchoring caught a couple then no more. Picked up again made another move ng. Came back to where we read some fish earlier & heard a report of the tide turning and the fish startn to chew, so we got back in there anchored up and it was GAME ON.The stern was banging away quite nicely with shots up the sides i would say any where from 5-10 fish on @ a time. This lasted for about an hour and a half. Than it died i dont know if it was boat traffic or what , but it died. Than Capt Steven and Carl of the Vilking Fleet informed us of a bite on the drift just east of us Soooo away we went. Got there in about 15 minutes, set it up on the drift and we banged away nicely for the rest of the afternoon till we left the grounds @ 2:50 pm. Than it was time to head to the beach and duck for cover . We got to the inlet @ 10:55. the wind and current on the way home slowed us up a little and things iced a little.

Before we left the grounds i came down and asked some of the guys how they did , some had 10-12 a couple of guys in the midteens some had 6-8 like that. Everyone caught some. It wasnt the full slaughter fishing thay had been having , but considering the time the Cod turned on in the late morning / early afternoon , the poor reports from the day before we wound up PRETTY GOOD Well thanx to all who came . Hope to see some of you soon
[/FONT]

See Ya Soon
Capt Jimmy

Cod Express Belmar - Block Island Every Friday Nite @ 8:00 pm. Feb 19, 26. March.12,19,26.

Any Questions Call 732-681-6866 0r 732-284-9709
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0213001153.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	19895   Click image for larger version

Name:	0213001154.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	19896   Click image for larger version

Name:	0213001208.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	19897   Click image for larger version

Name:	0213001308.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	19898   Click image for larger version

Name:	0213001501.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	19899  

Old 02-14-2010, 01:34 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Question Re: Miss Belmar Princess King Cod Express Report

The bellies on the fish are very white, I heard the fish are on the move when they take on this color, maybe makes them harder to key in on??
Old 02-14-2010, 03:09 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Miss Belmar Princess King Cod Express Report

Thabks again Jimmy for a great trip and a new cod rod!
Old 02-14-2010, 03:37 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Great job guys

Murr722@gmail.com

THE REIGNING, DEFENDING, PUT UP OR SHUT UP
CHAMPION

Put Up or Shut Up IX Prelims winner

If you don't like fish thats "fishy" eat chicken.

"theres a million fine looking women in the world dude,but they dont all buy you st. croixs for your birthday,most of them just yell at ya for fishing to much."

"Murray's Law: The uglier a fish is, the better it tastes." - Lard Almighty

LAB,always in our hearts & ears
Old 02-14-2010, 04:09 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Excellent trip. Thanks Capt. Jimmy!!!!
Old 02-14-2010, 05:10 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Thumbs up Re: Miss Belmar Princess King Cod Express Report

CAPTAIN JIMMY and the great crew of the MISS BELMAR PRINCESS.
You could not have done a better job. You ran around and worked hard to find the fish and keep us on them. The MATES were top shelf with the gaffs, very fast and accurate.

YOU HAVE EARNED THE TITLE OF THE COD EXPRESS
Old 02-14-2010, 05:36 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Leif, is that the Helen H in the background of your first pic?
Old 02-14-2010, 05:48 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by skate king
I just spoke to Capt Jimmy Elliot as he is on his way in from the cod trip. Decent trip as eveyone had fish with the pool winner in the 15 to 18 lb range. I've fished a number of off shore trips with him and if he says it was a decent trip it justs means I wish I was on it. I'm going on next Fiday's trip and if he says the same after it's over I will be quite happy.
its me and 3 friends goin the 19th too cant wait to beat em up!
Old 02-14-2010, 05:54 PM
Site Sponsor

Nice catchin everyone!!!

Great pics too

Looks like good times!!!
Capt. Jerry (732) 688-0765
Office (732) 403-6056
www.fishmongercharters.com
Old 02-14-2010, 06:26 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombanjo
Leif, is that the Helen H in the background of your first pic?
That's the Voyager.(blue white)

Leif