NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJF Meet and Greet Opening Day Trout April 5, 2014: - Page 4 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 03-26-2014, 06:21 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Talking Re: NJF Meet and Greet Opening Day Trout April 5, 2014:

Have the number of fish stocked in the Raritan been updated since the loss of 114,000 trout last week? I'm curious. Buddy of mine was talking with CO Joe last night and word is the Rahway, for example, is not getting the Trout stocked down to Lawrence ave. What's the scoop fellas? NJF&G? Myself and the other fine anglers of NJ are on a need to know basis. Thanx!!!!

P.S. Rain and warmer weather is on the way!!!! YEA BUDDY!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Old 03-26-2014, 07:30 PM
Old Soft Salt

Default Re: NJF Meet and Greet Opening Day Trout April 5, 2014:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTEDDIE29 View Post
Have the number of fish stocked in the Raritan been updated since the loss of 114,000 trout last week? I'm curious. Buddy of mine was talking with CO Joe last night and word is the Rahway, for example, is not getting the Trout stocked down to Lawrence ave. What's the scoop fellas? NJF&G? Myself and the other fine anglers of NJ are on a need to know basis. Thanx!!!!

P.S. Rain and warmer weather is on the way!!!! YEA BUDDY!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Officer Chris said that there will be no stocking the Raritan south of the 206 bridge.
The 90,000 brookies they killed where the ones that they were going to stock in the Raritan and the Rahway.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:17 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

So are they stocking the stretch through Duke's with more, same, or less?

Not that I catch the intended species at these meet & greets, but it would be nice to have it happen by accident.

I did my annual spring trip to Cabelas to stock up on new line. With my rod collection seemingly breeding every year its starting to get pricey.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:10 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Normally on opening day I'd be on a S.J. pond or lake doing angler surveys. As much a I would enjoy the opportunity to meet some of the good folks on here unfortunately this year I have serious family commitments for that weekend that preclude both of the aforementioned activities. I will however be on a NW Jersey stream float stocking the following Fri and spending the weekend fishing.

As for the current status of the stocking schedule, right now the Freshwater Fisheries staff are and have been scrambling to cope with the logistics of re-configuring nearly the entire stocking schedule in the aftermath of having to euthanize those 114,000 brook trout along with some other issues. Their primary focus at present is on getting the fish in the rivers, lakes ponds and streams in time for the opener. Having to re-shuffle not just the locations and allocations but the truck routes and daily runs as well in such short notice is a bit of a nightmare to put it mildly.

I can assure you that as soon as is realistically possible they will be announcing the updated stocking schedule. As is generally the case some folks will be pleased, some upset and some of us will simply shrug and go fishing with the confidence that next spring things will be pretty much back to normal, with maybe a shift in predominant species.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:03 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Lightbulb Re: NJF Meet and Greet Opening Day Trout April 5, 2014:

Pequest to bury 14 tons of diseased trout at Warren County landfill

But there should be a normal stocking around where we plan on meeting.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:18 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I just cant wait to see whos hungry for the funkAjunkAlitis.. I get ppl are exempted from it but I wanna walk up to em' an say, DUDE your really going too eat them.. There Disseized!!! I mite print out 20 copys to scare the yahoos who don't know.. mite be fun.. I pray for rain on sat!!! nothing crazy but cut the ppl number dwn an get the troutys in a frenzy
Old 03-27-2014, 11:13 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Updated allocations from 3/27

http://www.njfishandwildlife.com/pdf...on14-sched.pdf

10,050 trout downstream of the duke island park falls with a possible stocking weeks 2 and 3 if fish are available.

Last edited by Matt D; 03-27-2014 at 11:23 PM..
Old 03-28-2014, 12:02 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: NJF Meet and Greet Opening Day Trout April 5, 2014:

Thanx for the update.
Old 03-28-2014, 01:04 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Anyone know if they are doing broad stocking this year? Nothing like a 6 lb. brown on the other end of the line.
Old 03-28-2014, 01:18 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by acaravaglia View Post
Anyone know if they are doing broad stocking this year? Nothing like a 6 lb. brown on the other end of the line.
http://www.njfishandwildlife.com/bonus_brdstk14.htm