NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Salt Water Anglers of Bergen County: - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing Use this board to post all general salt water fishing information. Please use the appropriate boards below for all other information. General information about sailing times, charter availability and open boats trips can be found and should be posted in the open boat forum.

Old 02-19-2019, 11:13 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Salt Water Anglers of Bergen County:

2/19/19: Was the guest speaker at the meeting talking about the Raritan river. By far my worst performance yet, I don't do well in front of large crowds. Nonetheless got to see a great orginazation in action and got to talk to many people about the Raritan river. They meet in Rochelle Park, look them up !!

http://www.swabc.org/Events.html
Attached Images
File Type: gif logo2012a.gif (17.4 KB, 242 views)
Old 02-19-2019, 11:19 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Salt Water Anglers of Bergen County:

We were glad to have you tonight speaking

RFA

Instagram - salt_life1985

Team F.O.M.F.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:19 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Lightbulb Re: Salt Water Anglers of Bergen County:

I must say SWABC is quite a dedicated group. John who arranges the guest speakers has been doing it since 1985 !!! Again the lack of youth at the all these meeting is disturbing, although in my youth I fished but did not attend meetings so I'm not sure what to think.
I think the Raritan river has gotten a bad rap over the years and I just try to shed some new light on this watershed. With so much bad news out there I think it's nice to hear a little good news every now and then.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:36 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Glad you came to speak last night Andy, the club has a great group of people and I think they were very surprised to see how much trash ends up in our rivers. You are very dedicated to the clean up effort and it is appreciated.

Jeff
Old 02-20-2019, 10:29 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

As a current member and frequent speaker on topics such as Striper and Fluke fishing, I will say that this is one of the better fishing clubs in New Jersey.

Best of all....they organize fishing trips throughout the northeast as well as NJ, unlike a few clubs I am aware of. Well worth the membership fee.

Meetings are once a month on the 3rd Tuesday of that month and well worth the drive (I live in Middlesex County), so if you're looking to join a group of congenial fishermen that actually go fishing on a regular basis, this may be club for you.

They usually have a guest speaker every month as well as some great food offered too. They also have a 50/50 drawing and donated dark horse items they raffle off to raise operating costs. Hope I didn't miss anything. All in all, a really well managed and well run bunch of men and women fishers.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:04 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Andy
I’m sure you did fine. Thanks for the work you do.