NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Sinkers at flea market prices - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk Use this board to talk about Bait and Tackle and see offers from our Bait and Tackle Sponsors

Old 02-20-2014, 09:28 PM
Site Sponsor

Default Sinkers at flea market prices

All sinkers are .12 an oz.Why carry a bag of sinkers around at the flea markets when you can have them delivered to your door for .12 an oz. This is all year long and not just on weekends..
There is a guy calling himself Sam the sinker man at the flea markets , but it is not me. I only do one market and that was the hi-mar.So if I act as if I don't know what you are talking about it's because you weren't talking to me.
This is also the time of the year to start to think about making your own bucktails..I make the ultra minnow, but if you would rather get them from one of the sponsor shops I believe that Jersey Tackle and Jersey hooker have the plain jigs along with all the stuff to finish them with..They are not mine but they also need all the help you can give them..Stop by and see Pete, Tom or Richie, I'm sure they can set you up with everything you need.
201-368-8751[/SIZE]
Old 02-21-2014, 08:10 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Sinkers at flea market prices

You are a class act Sam for promoting business for other sponsors on your post. With that being said, I purchased some plain lead bucktails from Kevin Bogan, by any chance were they your product?

Last edited by HDMarc; 02-24-2014 at 05:38 AM..
Old 02-21-2014, 11:05 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Hey Sam! Go get'm it's that time of year again. Can't beat Sam The Sinkerman prices and delivery.
Dave
Old 02-21-2014, 12:30 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

There is only one, "SAM THE SINKER MAN"! I will keep an eye out for #2 as we will be at plenty of the upcoming ones. A pleasure meeting you at Hi-Mar last week. If you ever want to do a show and need help carrying stuff in, JP can help

Keefe
Old 02-21-2014, 09:13 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Sam

I will also keep my eyes open for you on the IMPOSTER. Trust me if I find him he will not be using your name and leeching off your good name and reputation any longer.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:48 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMarc View Post
You are a class act Sam for promoting business for other sponsors on your post. With that being said, I purchased some plain lead bucktails from Kevin Bogan, by any chance where they your product?
Mark

You said it, Sam is a class act. First time I met Sam was several years ago. I was looking to make some sinkers as my friend Oakley in Nutley had a stash of lead. He had bank sinker molds but I wanted to make some flats. Posted on the site if I anyone had any flat sinker molds to purchase. Hear I get this email from this guy who called himself Sam the Sinkerman. I had heard of him from the site as guys who ordered from him were very positive on his product and especially his price and customer service but never met him before. Here is a guy who is in the business of making sinkers and he sends me a message that if I want to stop by I can borrow his molds so that I can make my own sinkers and just return them when I am done. Remember I was a total stranger to this guy. I offered him to pay him for use but those who know SAM he does things because he wants to and not because he wants anything in return. Was a very important lesson I learned that day from old guy wearing a hat with a bunch of dogs that some were bigger than me and probably outweighed me too. Now that I have known him for several years his generosity does not surprise me. He is truly one of the good ones that God has placed on this earth. World would be a much better place with more Sam's in this world.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:45 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP View Post
Mark

You said it, Sam is a class act. First time I met Sam was several years ago. I was looking to make some sinkers as my friend Oakley in Nutley had a stash of lead. He had bank sinker molds but I wanted to make some flats. Posted on the site if I anyone had any flat sinker molds to purchase. Hear I get this email from this guy who called himself Sam the Sinkerman. I had heard of him from the site as guys who ordered from him were very positive on his product and especially his price and customer service but never met him before. Here is a guy who is in the business of making sinkers and he sends me a message that if I want to stop by I can borrow his molds so that I can make my own sinkers and just return them when I am done. Remember I was a total stranger to this guy. I offered him to pay him for use but those who know SAM he does things because he wants to and not because he wants anything in return. Was a very important lesson I
learned that day from old guy wearing a hat with a bunch of dogs that some were bigger than me and probably outweighed me too. Now that I have known him for several years his generosity does not surprise me. He is truly one of the good ones that God has placed on this earth. World would be a much better place with more Sam's in this world.
Takes one to know one! I have been reading of your generous efforts here also on NJ Fish, MVP. Seems you are in good company!
Old 02-22-2014, 03:15 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

I just got my yearly supply of plain bucktails from Sam. They are the best. No flash, Ultra sharp hooks, price is great and the mailman does all the lifting. All you need to do is paint and tye on your bucktail.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:44 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sinker Man View Post
All sinkers are .12 an oz.Why carry a bag of sinkers around at the flea markets when you can have them delivered to your door for .12 an oz. This is all year long and not just on weekends..
There is a guy calling himself Sam the sinker man at the flea markets , but it is not me. I only do one market and that was the hi-mar.So if I act as if I don't know what you are talking about it's because you weren't talking to me.
This is also the time of the year to start to think about making your own bucktails..I make the ultra minnow, but if you would rather get them from one of the sponsor shops I believe that Jersey Tackle and Jersey hooker have the plain jigs along with all the stuff to finish them with..They are not mine but they also need all the help you can give them..Stop by and see Pete, Tom or Richie, I'm sure they can set you up with everything you need.
Sam.... help me out here..... early last year I bought a bunch of plain jig heads from you didnt I?? I kinda need to know because if the guy standing in my shop was not you..... I was seriously "duped" here.

Unfortunately, because of Sandy, my local fluke biz was about 70% less than the usual seasons. We were heavy into the offshore thing last year. I want to say I ordered 100 of each size? Plain heads? The very little inventory I have left is from that initial order. ( Thanks to Sandy)

So here are my 2 questions////
1- Was it you that I purchased about 100 -125 lbs of plain heads from? Because the guy said he was you, I can tell you that.

2- Do you still make them? because we are finally running low and sold out of some sizes actually.

If it was you I purchased them from... Im sorry if you assumed I was buying from another supplier and yes... it was nice to mention us.... but I'm not like the other guys Sam.... I stick with the local guys, sponsors of the local sites, as 75% of my shop is made up of guys like yourself.

This business plan actually hurts me, because I pay what the members here pay for the same products that are on my wall. Many shops do not deal with the local guys who compete against the shops .... but I try to stick it out as best I can. I pay dearly for it... trust me. But... I still do it.

Most shops throw you guys out, once they find out that your selling to their customers..... I have never done that. If it was you... I need more. If it wasnt you.....I was fooled I guess.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:08 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Sam for president of the USA!!!!!!