NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Jersey Tackle - 2014 update - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk Use this board to talk about Bait and Tackle and see offers from our Bait and Tackle Sponsors

Old 02-18-2014, 10:17 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Jersey Tackle - 2014 update

Been away from the forums keeping busy lately. We have many new things happening and I wanted to just mention a few here, for those who are calling and emailing us about things we have talked about last season. Will keep it short and sweet, so keep an eye out for these items as they show up.

Will be offering the entire Maxel Ocean Max Reel series. Well made reels, parts available, warranty is available at any dealer to. First saw these reels few years ago, and have followed them since. Awesome reels, at a fraction of the price of other brands you can compare them to. Warranty and parts are no issue with them. ( another product "somebody" told me I was wrong about.. going back... Very happy about this one. Patience... the truth eventually prevails. )

Shimano products will be stocked in house, rather than special orders. Rods, reels, jigs, any Shimano product worth fishing.

Entire line of UV Jigs, trolling lures, rigs.... We are also offering a service that will allow us to get the "UV effect" onto other lures and jigs for you. There is no doubt, several good fishermen have proved the worth of true UV lures last season. Not Glow in The Dark.... but actual UV finish!!!!! Along with what we are making, we will "energize" any lure you bring us pretty much. Old or new.

Strike Point Dredges, Teasers, Bars and Umbrella Rigs. MADE in The USA, and the availability to have custom dredges, bars and all done for you! Great pricing, made locally and very popular with serious offshore fishermen. Homeland Tackle will also be available in the shop too!

Few new Jersey Jigger Custom Rod models for 2014, including the 7' and 7'6"
rods used for bottom fishing, our new White Marlin Rods for our southern crowd! Custom Deep Drop Rods, jigs and rigs. From Ultra Glow, to UV Glow..... an entire assortment of Deep Drop products.

Custom Lure Heads & Skirts from over a dozen private lure makers. All of these lures are hand made, by well known lure makers such as Magic Lure, Bost, Scylla Lures, Aloha, KOOS, OLC, Jet Strike and several others. We have worked with each company, to find the best producing lures for our area. We will stock these lures, with the chance to have any other product they make custom ordered quickly. You can make your own lures, by mixing & matching skirts and heads, along with Mylar, to find the perfect combination for your spread.

Our own line of Spreader Bars, Daisy Chains and single lures. Been a while, but we know what catches fish and what only caches fishermen. We have fished just about every combination out there.... to find the top producing colors, sizes and styles. Along with the finished products, we will have all accessories available too. From blank Titanium Bars, to lure eyes, so you can make your own too.

Jigging World - Rods, Reels, Jigs, Poppers and accessories. Had the chance to see all of the new stuff from Jigging World. They have done a great job with so many items. From spare spool bags, to improved teasers, to jigs and poppers. They also have a new series of Inshore Acid Wrapped Rods that are light as a feather, yet strong as can be! They have done one hell of a job on their rods! Acid Wrapped Rods for fluke, sea bass, you name it! Some very cool products and all of them well engineered, well thought out and are top quality!

Full Line of Tuna Rocket ballyhoo/witch style lures, done in UV, glow, sizes from 3 oz up to 16 ozs. Each one made in house, by hand.... no machines or mass production involved. These lures took several tuna, marlin and wahoo right here in NJ last year! Time to get them out there now.

Maxima Leader & Line. This has to be one of the toughest lines I have ever used. I have been told by the West Coast boys, Hawaii as well, how good this line is and I never tried it until last season. They make a variety of styles and colors, and it takes abrasion very well. One thing I noticed is that from the beach... it does not get beat up like other lines.
The leader is excellent for trolling, or other uses too.

I guess..... what we have done is take the last 5 years or so and tested many items and tweaked them for our area, as well as other areas we deal with online. This season, we have narrowed it down to what we know catches and performs well, and keeping more of it in stock. We will still offer the other styles and such..... but that will be done as custom orders. We will build anything you want, but we will keep a larger qty of what has been most popular with our Pro Staff members, friends and our own use. Some of this stuff took 3-4 years to get right!

We look forward to the new season and finally getting many of these products out to our customers... We will continue to stock many of the items we have always stocked. These items here are just some of the newer things we have worked on for a while. Many of you have fished them already, helping us fine tune them.

I would like to also take this chance to wish everyone the best for the upcoming season. This includes other dealers! Sandy put a hurting on many dealers and I hope we all see a better season! So.... Good Luck to all! I don't think it can get much worse than what we all survived
Old 02-18-2014, 11:51 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Jersey Tackle - 2014 update

Will be offering the entire Maxel Ocean Max Reel series. Well made reels, parts available, warranty is available at any dealer to. First saw these reels few years ago, and have followed them since. Awesome reels, at a fraction of the price of other brands you can compare them to. Warranty and parts are no issue with them. ( another product "somebody" told me I was wrong about.. going back... Very happy about this one. Patience... the truth eventually prevails. )

Any pics and specs on this line Tom?

I marched 3/21/2012
No Facebook No Twitter No Text
Old 02-18-2014, 02:38 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Jersey Tackle - 2014 update

Hey Tom, glad you guys are doing well in the aftermath of the storm. Are you or Tony going to be doing any rod building classes in the future?