NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Farewell FRANK V, officer, brother, friend, FISHERMAN…. - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 03-22-2015, 01:00 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Farewell FRANK V, officer, brother, friend, FISHERMAN….

On friday morning I got some very bad news that a great friend of mine, Frank Viggiano, was in the tragic accident on Staten Island. He was pronounced dead on the scene and I cannot begin to explain the feelings that are going through my head right now. Reality hasn't quite set in yet but I know it will. I am at a loss for words these days and really don't know to react. I'm a loud, life of the party kind of guy most of the time but right now I just feel confused.

Frank was not an NJF member but he and his brother Mike have been big parts of my life for the last 15 years or so. We all enjoyed the outdoors, fishing and camping together. I turned Frank and Mike on to the world class fishery upstate NY and they haven't turned back since. Many, many good times were had by myself and this band of brothers. These Viggiano brothers were at my wedding. Frank was at my bachelor party and we just can't talk about what went down that night right now, LOL. What a night it was! I don't think anyone slept until we all got home sometime Sunday afternoon. GOOD TIMES!!!

Frank became an officer in Linden 5 years ago and his reputation is spotless. You will not find a blemish in this kids short life. He was well respected in town by all. Always smiling, always helpful, never starting problems or conflict. He helped people in many ways no matter what the situation. He purchased the home he grew up in from his parents shortly after becoming a Linden police officer. When he wanted something, he worked for it and got what he wanted. Working 4 days on with 3 days off he took every side job Linden PD offered him, never turning down work. This young man may be the most driven person I have ever met.

He traveled to the Great Lakes with his brother often. At the young age of 28 this man has been to Mardi Gras, Texas, Florida, Maine, NY, Rhode Island, Maryland and places most people his age don't experience in a lifetime. I have nothing but respect for my friend. Although we haven't spent much time together in recent years because of conflicting schedules it doesn't matter because once where together its like we were never separated. His smile can light up a room. He would give anyone the shirt off his back, even if he didn't know you. I really don't know what to say at this time.

Please don't speculate. Please have respect for my friend and his family. Frank was a mans man. He lived life to the fullest but it was just cut way to short. I miss his tall goofy ass so much!!!

FAIR WINDS and CALM SEAS my friend.

R.I.P. Officer Frank Viggiano

Old 03-22-2015, 01:21 PM
Owner NJFishing.com

Default Re: Farewell FRANK V, officer, brother, friend, FISHERMAN….

Sorry for your loss Eddie. Loosing someone so young and full of life is tough.

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area
Old 03-22-2015, 01:31 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

saw the article on this. sorry to hear about your friend Eddie, condolences to the family
some real nice fish he had there be happy you helped get him on them
Old 03-22-2015, 02:19 PM
Site Sponsor

Def a good down to earth guy no dobut about that! Pleased to have pleasure to fish with him!
Rvta member
Knee Deep member
Mike K Guide Service (owner)
https://www.facebook.com/MikeKGuideService/
(908 642-5423
Old 03-22-2015, 02:41 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

A few more pics of the crew, 1st year on the mighty Oswego river. Circa 2004 or so.

Old 03-22-2015, 02:46 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

I've been waiting until this tragic news hit the NJH family.. Making the call to Eddie was one of the most gut wrenching experience I've ever had.. Not only was Frank a close fishing partner of mine, the main influence my son and I found the hard water; but also my closest co-worker..
Frank devoted his every second to family and his love, fishing.. He was a true gentleman, professional law enforcement officer, amazing friend and true Sportman!!! May his spirit follow everyone on their many journeys this season!! God bless and rest easy my friend!!! May you be graced with many flags and world class Pike!!!
Old 03-22-2015, 03:01 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrider611 View Post
I've been waiting until this tragic news hit the NJH family.. Making the call to Eddie was one of the most gut wrenching experience I've ever had.. Not only was Frank a close fishing partner of mine, the main influence my son and I found the hard water; but also my closest co-worker..
Frank devoted his every second to family and his love, fishing.. He was a true gentleman, professional law enforcement officer, amazing friend and true Sportman!!! May his spirit follow everyone on their many journeys this season!! God bless and rest easy my friend!!! May you be graced with many flags and world class Pike!!!
Mike, thank you for the call although it was something I never expected to hear. My first instinct was to drive to the house and that I did. I couldn't believe the news until the LINDEN PD pulled up to the house in full force. I gave all the info I could on where the families lived. I tried to call Mike as my first thought but was then advised to let the Sheriffs office handle the situation. I'm happy that you were the one that notified me of this horrific news. Your a brother to me now and always. A friend of Franks is a friend of mine, now and forever. This loss hits very close to home as half of my family still resides in Linden. A very large amount of people have been affected by this tragedy. My heart and prayers go out to all families involved.
Old 03-22-2015, 03:17 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Stay strong and enjoy life, I don't know any of you personally but it would appear your friend lived life to the fullest. My condolences guys.
Old 03-22-2015, 03:44 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Eddie...So sorry for your loss my friend. Some things you just cannot explain.

We too are are suffering a similar situation. One of my oldest sons best friends from college died in a ski accident yesterday in Vermont. The kid had just graduated college last year and was working in New Hampshire just starting his life. An awesome kid...23 years old...we are all devastated as these kids are like family to us. It is very strange to watch you child go through the loss of one of his friends. I can't get my head around it.

I can definitely relate my brother. Hang in there and be strong.

Ken
Old 03-22-2015, 04:11 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Farewell FRANK V, officer, brother, friend, FISHERMAN….

Here's a few more of Frank up on Lake Wallenpaupack, PA. This guy could fall to sleep anywhere and still land a keeper Striper on a tip up.