NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Pequest trout meeting info from Feb. 11 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 02-12-2012, 11:55 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Pequest trout meeting info from Feb. 11

All I can say is WOW !! I saw many faces of anglers I recognized, and met a bunch of people, both State workers and fishermen.

I say, if you have EVER fished for trout in the State of New Jersey you should have been at the Pequest meeting.

I’ll try to break it down the best I can, everything from dirt ramp repairs at Round Valley to changes in the regs on the Big Flatbrook. T.U. submitting proposals in changes they would like to see to the survey the State conducted up there, just tons of info.

Open with Pequest talking about facilities and changes and upgrades. Raw numbers of fish being stocked in the coming year, hand outs, changes, Q & A.

500 Landlocked going into Aeroflex, 1000 going into Waywayanda.
15,859 trout going into the Manasquan river again this year.

Hook a winner program, returns were low, resident license sales were down, non resident sales were up.

Questions proposed about lake trout in Round Valley and Merrill Creek. Outdoor writer Jim Stabile was there with a good showing from RVTA and TU..

I had to get out of there right after the meeting because I had to work, State workers hung around for more one on one Q & A and there was a tour after the meeting also.

YOU PAY FOR A LICENSE……. These people are here for US, they are great people, they want to know what YOU have to say. Also, if they are doing things you like you can tell them also, it’s not all negative.

Next meeting:
The NJDEP's Division of Fish and Wildlife reminds anglers that there is a public forum to discuss freshwater fisheries research and management, culture and recreational angling in New Jersey on Saturday, Feb. 25 beginning at 10:00 a.m. The meeting will be held at the Batsto Village Visitors Center in Burlington County.

Topics cover all aspects of freshwater management, including both warmwater and coldwater fisheries. Come and be a voice in the development of future regulations and management strategies affecting New Jersey's freshwater resources.
Pre-registration is not required but is appreciated, and will help ensure that all attendees can be accommodated. Individuals can pre-register by calling 856-629-4950 or by sending an e-mail to Christopher.Smith@dep.state.nj.us.

The Fisheries Forum is truly the individual angler's best opportunity to have an integral role in the development of future regulations and management strategies affecting New Jersey anglers and our freshwater fishery resource!

DON’T BE SHY !! Go to these meetings.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:00 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Pequest trout meeting info from Feb. 11

Thanks for the report Andy. Wish I could have been there.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:28 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

As Andy said, it was a great meeting. These people are here to work with the anglers. They are very interested in the fisherman's input.

Their web page is loaded with information http://www.nj.gov/dep/fgw/index.htm

It was a pleasure to meet you Andy, but I would have told people the big fish was mine & the smaller one was my wife's.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:38 PM
Old Soft Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt
It was a pleasure to meet you Andy, but I would have told people the big fish was mine & the smaller one was my wife's.
Now that's funny

Last edited by Wilson; 02-13-2012 at 08:26 AM..