NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Stone Tavern Lake 9/11 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 09-11-2011, 06:07 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Stone Tavern Lake 9/11

Hit Stone Tavern this morning. Got on the lake at 9:45 am. We started working the cove in front of the boat ramp. We were working the shoreline until the old man caught 2 pulling a rapala behind the boat. So we switched to trolling rapalas which produced a nice mixed bag. Had good fishing for the first 2 hours then it slowed down. We got off the lake at 12:45 pm. In that time we managed 33 bass,crappie, pickeral and sunfish. All of our fish came trolling rapalas in the cove except 2 on a Mr. Twister and 1 on a Senko. Big fish were a 2 lb. bass and a 2 lb. pickeral. Saw 2 guys slamming the crappies for the last 1/2 hour, we weren't able to jig them though. Wind made it tough to stay on the schools so we went back to trolling. Good day of fishing. This is gonna be a good fall, some are saying the heat wave and hurricane this summer turned the waters over already, I think that might be the case.

Last edited by AJFISH13; 09-11-2011 at 09:47 PM..
Old 09-11-2011, 06:43 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Stone Tavern Lake 9/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFISH13
This is gonna be a good fall, some are saying the heat wave and hurricane this summer turned the waters over already, I think that might be the case.
i HOPE this is the case since i MIGHT be getting my boat this week *fingers crossed*

NICE haul btw!
Old 09-11-2011, 06:49 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Stone Tavern Lake 9/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyc08
i HOPE this is the case since i MIGHT be getting my boat this week *fingers crossed*

NICE haul btw!
Thanks. Good luck with the new boat, it will open up a LOT of fishing opportunites for you. BTW, me and my dad need a new one . Boat is still semi floating though .