NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Shark Feeding Frenzy off Island Beach - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fishing Videos
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fishing Videos Post your fishing related videos here or your can post them on one of the other boards. Once they have played out we will archive them here.

Old 08-19-2012, 11:30 AM
dakota560

Default Re: Shark Feeding Frenzy off Island Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angler Paul
There are all kinds of sharks in our area right now. However, I do know of someone who recently caught a blacktip shark from the beach in that area. We have always had browns, sand tigers, etc. around during the summer. However, they are not known for jumping through schools of bunker like that while feeding. I believe they are blacktips and possibly spinners which are known to do that. The excessively warm water we have had since mid-June has attracted these infrequent visitors to our coast.
Whatever they are, that is one impressive demonstartion of how many shark there are in the area. Again, with the amount of bait currently in shore there's no doubt there will be predators under them. That is one of the coolest videos I've ever seen, would love to have been in a boat at the same time. Wonder if throwing large poppers through the school would have elicited some insane strikes!

Dakota
Old 08-19-2012, 01:46 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

That's nuts!
Old 08-19-2012, 02:10 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

WOW!!! Very cool.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:11 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Great video, shark week on discovery and in the NJ. Here's a little bit longer video that I found on you tube, its about 3 min. longer with some different footage I think. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6H0ikZ6vf0