NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Mako Fever rods to be given away..... - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk Use this board to talk about Bait and Tackle and see offers from our Bait and Tackle Sponsors

Old 06-02-2013, 06:45 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Mako Fever rods to be given away.....

A sneak peak at the rods that will be given away at he captains meeting. We just finished them up. They wanted something different than the usual black & gold, so they picked out the colors.... we made it work, right down to the reels.

Old 06-02-2013, 07:41 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Mako Fever rods to be given away.....

Really nice job!
Is that silver between the first and second guide a mono-tone diamond wrap made of just silver thread?
Looking at it again... It looks more like a monotone Chevron
Old 06-03-2013, 09:00 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter1010
Really nice job!
Is that silver between the first and second guide a mono-tone diamond wrap made of just silver thread?
Looking at it again... It looks more like a monotone Chevron
Thats the wrap we decided on making our standard wrap, its simple yet it looks good and it stands out when the rods are sitting next to other rods. I just sent you a PM, explaining it. Been using it last 2 seasons, maybe one day it will have the recognition other wraps such as Mr Bogan has. You can spot his rods from a distance because of his continuous wrap that screams Kevin Bogan Custom!
Old 06-03-2013, 05:06 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Thanks for the PM.
I always thought beauty is all in the eye of the beholder. Kevin does some really nice stuff, but don't kid yourself. Your work can stand on it's own also.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:29 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter1010
Thanks for the PM.
I always thought beauty is all in the eye of the beholder. Kevin does some really nice stuff, but don't kid yourself. Your work can stand on it's own also.

Thank you for the compliment Scooter!! I have been building rods for over 20 years, and as a builder, I still own a Bogan Rod, so that should say it all with Kevin. Hes one of the guys that I refuse to copy or duplicate. A good builder spends years to perfect their product... its a shame how so many others try to knock it off. But it is the best form of flattery!! Lol.

Capt Joe,
I just answered your PM. Take a look. We are looking for another pro staff boat or two in NJ.... that may save you some money too. We have several boats on board for our jigging rods, but we have more out of state boats for offshore stuff, than NJ boats. I would like to see a couple more NJ guys using them. Let me know what you think??