NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Stormr Strykr vs Typhoon - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk Use this board to talk about Bait and Tackle and see offers from our Bait and Tackle Sponsors

Old 02-07-2015, 05:13 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Stormr Strykr vs Typhoon

tried on a Stormr Stryker jacket today at Reel Seat when dropping off reels for service...any opinions ? is it worth $300 ? whats big difference between Typhoon and Stryker ? Have to tell you it certainly was a cool piece of gear....saw some guys wearing them sea bassin in December and they looked pretty cool
Old 02-07-2015, 07:41 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Stormr Strykr vs Typhoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikesdad View Post
tried on a Stormr Stryker jacket today at Reel Seat when dropping off reels for service...any opinions ? is it worth $300 ? whats big difference between Typhoon and Stryker ? Have to tell you it certainly was a cool piece of gear....saw some guys wearing them sea bassin in December and they looked pretty cool
Here is a thread from two months that might help.

http://www.njfishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76184

I had a Typhoon and gave it to my brother. I have a Stryker now. Not sure if it is worth the extra money, but it fits me much better.
Old 02-07-2015, 09:13 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

thanks...thought i remembered a thread on it in the past. I think I am going to try both on and see the difference. Hopefully someone will have them at the upcoming outdoor shows. I will agree that the typhoon looks more like a regular jacket than the stryker...It seems like the stryker is a bit heavier though...
Old 02-07-2015, 10:03 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikesdad View Post
thanks...thought i remembered a thread on it in the past. I think I am going to try both on and see the difference. Hopefully someone will have them at the upcoming outdoor shows. I will agree that the typhoon looks more like a regular jacket than the stryker...It seems like the stryker is a bit heavier though...
I really like the inner collar on the Stryker, especially on windy days. Both are extremely warm to the point that I have a hard time wearing them on a day that is above 40 degrees.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:55 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

The patches on the arms and front plus the collar and wrist straps and neoprene cuffs are differences that I can see. The wear patches are designed to protect areas that can be easily damaged from use. I own the stryker for 2 years with no issues except both jackets will absorb water and on a real rainy day the jacket gets very heavy. It will dry overnight in a warm place if hung up. It did not soak thru that I could tell. Not really designed to replace rain gear but definitely both are very warm plus great wind resistance with the hood up for winter fishing.