NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Bottom Fish rods. - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk Use this board to talk about Bait and Tackle and see offers from our Bait and Tackle Sponsors

Old 09-25-2012, 09:16 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Bottom Fish rods.

Bottom fishing rods has been one of our most popular rods for nearly 30years. My favorite fishing as a party boat mate, and Captain was bottom fishimg. From the shallow waters of Sea Bright, to the depths of the Mud Hole, winter/summer, I have always had my best times bottom fishing.
For $145 you can get a bottom rod that will kick butt on Sea Bass, Blackfish, Porgies, and of course the prettiest fish in theocean, and the most friendlt, Ling Dings!
Durability/sensitivity, performance= unmatched/anywhere
!
Hey skip, got my new "Poison rod", what am I going to do with all these dead fish????

get your dexter and start cutting!!!!
Old 09-25-2012, 09:58 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Bottom Fish rods.

I have all types of rods, custom to high end off the shelf, i can honestly say, without question, i dont care what anyone has to say, it is all about the feel you get when holding a rod, and i cant fish anything but a fish poison rod.

I have a blackfish rod i bought from blackfish doug and i am getting 1 or more made soon before the season really kicks in to full effect. I fish the same rod from 20ft to 150ft for blackfish and bottom fish, it is unreal.

I
Old 09-26-2012, 09:08 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

You guys know I always talk very highly of Kevin and his FP Rod Series....... even as his so called....competition. I decided a long time ago, to offer what works, not just what sells...this is the reason that I do not promote certain rods...because I honestly feel Kevin has some of the best and I refuse to copy them.

Hell, I even use one myself!
Old 09-27-2012, 08:07 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyCoast
You guys know I always talk very highly of Kevin and his FP Rod Series....... even as his so called....competition. I decided a long time ago, to offer what works, not just what sells...this is the reason that I do not promote certain rods...because I honestly feel Kevin has some of the best and I refuse to copy them.

Hell, I even use one myself!
you could catch them with a handline!!! you are the king of the spreader bars, and offshore lures!
Old 09-27-2012, 08:39 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Thumbs up Re: Bottom Fish rods.

Jersey Coast: That is one hell of an endorsement.Like Macy's telling Gimbel's as my mother used to say.
Folks if that compliment from a competitor isn't enough let me say I bought two of Kevin Bogan's rods and they are 99% wonderful. I forgot to ask for a hook clip to be put on them, mea culpa not his.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:25 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Love my FP rods, both fluke and blackfish. My last trip on the Paramount put my fluke rod to the test with all the ling and other bottom fish I brought up from the wrecks. Gonna have to get one for tilefish as I'm itchin' to get out and catch some.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:47 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

I agree...HD and I were both using the fish poison on that trip and we were slamming ling where others next to us were modestly catching at best.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:06 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I ordered mine today.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:20 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Avet Girl
I agree...HD and I were both using the fish poison on that trip and we were slamming ling where others next to us were modestly catching at best.
Lol...