NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

WINTER FLOUNDER MORE LOST$$$$$please read - Page 4 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations This board is closed for posting but will serve as an archieve for all Fisheries Management and Regulations posts from other boards.

Old 02-02-2010, 03:04 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: WINTER FLOUNDER MORE LOST$$$$$please read

I might do a few too only with FAMILY charters who can take home a bag of fillets that would be enough to feed a family. I'm not sure OB trips will work - if there's interest I will do a couple of trips. I will put it in my next newsletter for February just to throw it out there, if it looks good, we'll do a few.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:15 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Capt. Allen can vouch for me I love flounder fishing and it is my favorite for fishing and eating

As far as chartering this year maybe 1 trip or 2 not going all out because of the limit but still interested in the Family Charters

G -
Old 02-02-2010, 05:35 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

[QUOTE=Bucktail]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurr711
one thing i worry about is how much added pressure will this put on the spawning tog in the spring
Forget about the blackfish, the bass dont have a chance. We have bin destroying those stocks before all of this BS Regulations an now they are done. 1 bass per person entire coast an F the bonus tag would be nice.

that is your opinion are yours only.you are giving in to what we are fighting for!!!1 bass is a disaster for the for hire boats on the whole east coast.join stripers forever tree hugging a holes and leave to rest to people that really care.it has nothing to do with this post and i take exception to it.i hope i made my self clear.!!!!!!!!!are you on the bus feb 24????

100 Ton Master
Semi Retired
Old 02-02-2010, 05:56 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucktail
Forget about the blackfish, the bass dont have a chance. We have bin destroying those stocks before all of this BS Regulations an now they are done. 1 bass per person entire coast an F the bonus tag would be nice.
Bucktail
Please clarify who "we" are that have been destroying bass stocks, why you feel that way and what documentation you have to back up that "we" are actually doing so. The reason for going to Washington is to fight opinion vs science and fact.
Thanks
Old 02-02-2010, 06:08 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dales529
Bucktail
Please clarify who "we" are that have been destroying bass stocks, why you feel that way and what documentation you have to back up that "we" are actually doing so. The reason for going to Washington is to fight opinion vs science and fact.
Thanks
To add to what Dale said, several charter boat captains on this website have been self-regulating. They have been releasing larger bass to help preserve the fishery.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:09 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

2 bass limit is fine, having a bonus fish is better.

WE are not destroying the bass stocks. That's a very enviro-friendly/elitist claim to say something like that. More bass are NOT caught or are put back alive and in good shape by boat fishermen, jetty fishermen, and surf fishermen alike than they kill in a given year. To think that rod&reel guys are decimating the bass population is ridiculous.

The major reason why the MAJOR decline of the late 70's and the early 80's had everything to do with commercial fishing; gill netters, hook/line comm's, etc.

I usually keep my mouth shut with stuff like this, but that comment regarding a 1 bass limit is ridiculous and its very limited regarding the scope of everything that is going on.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:51 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Capt. Allen: Keep us updated on flounder trips. If you ever do anything in the realm of open boat or shared charter I'd definitely be interested, my Dad would too. Maybe something like an 8am - Noon trip since the limits are so low?
Old 02-02-2010, 08:10 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Why don't somebody put up a voting poll just to see the interest. I would do it but I'm not sure how to do it. I think you would be surprised by the amount of interest. Picture was for a group of 3 fisherman
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fishing Pictures 053 (Small).jpg
Views:	148
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	19718  
Old 02-02-2010, 09:13 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I will do that on my email list with my guys Doug, but if someone here wants to post it on the board they certainly can. I'm not sure I have either one of you guys on my new email list so email me if you like.

As I said, if there's interest, I will probably do a few trips.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:15 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboDan
Capt. Allen: Keep us updated on flounder trips. If you ever do anything in the realm of open boat or shared charter I'd definitely be interested, my Dad would too. Maybe something like an 8am - Noon trip since the limits are so low?
1/2 day trips work with flounders only if you're fishing the right tide; its not always a guarantee they're gonna bite on one as opposed to the other