NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Weekend wrap-up report - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 08-15-2022, 08:50 PM
Site Sponsor

Default Weekend wrap-up report

Brought the driftboat out Saturday for a float on the big D again while I got the time. We floated Milford to dingmans and found a bunch of smallies along the way. Nothing big but enough to keep the rod bent for the guys. I snuck in a few casts here and there in between rowing. Mid way through the trip while rowing I spotted a finning fish. Threw the musky plug out and two cast later there she was! She chases the plug nice and slow all the way to the boat went to figure 8 and she turned away. Sick to see! She was huge!!!! Thick pig! Kept floating picking at smallies along the way spotted some walleye on a rock pile and some catfish along the way but no takers.

Sunday I had the mamba out for what might be my last hybrid trip for the summer. The water is a trickle and the fish scattered in a lot of areas. Water temp is cooling off and it’s about that time they start slowing down so it might be it for me with hunting season approaching and the fall run coming soon hopefully. Had rich and rob out and it took a while but we found em tight and super shallow. The guys ended up with some fish and a good size largie and smallie as a bonus.
Good luck if you guys get out,

Rvta member
Knee Deep member
Mike K Guide Service (owner)
https://www.facebook.com/MikeKGuideService/
(908 642-5423
Old 08-16-2022, 06:08 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Re: Weekend wrap-up report

I was there on Sunday

Every time I looked over at the Black Mamba they had bent rods and Mikey was grabbing the net 👍👍
Old 08-16-2022, 07:37 PM
Site Sponsor

Default Re: Weekend wrap-up report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod View Post
I was there on Sunday

Every time I looked over at the Black Mamba they had bent rods and Mikey was grabbing the net 👍👍
Good seeing you out there Mike 👍 hope you got a few !
Rvta member
Knee Deep member
Mike K Guide Service (owner)
https://www.facebook.com/MikeKGuideService/
(908 642-5423