NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Covid protection - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Open Boat and Charter Trips (Salt Water)
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Open Boat and Charter Trips (Salt Water) Use this board to post charter openings as well as open boat trips , hours for sailing etc. THIS BOARD IS TO BE USED FOR SPONSOR BOATS ONLY.

Old 11-19-2020, 07:47 AM
dakota560

Default Re: Covid protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godrew1972 View Post
I went with a few guys on the Atlantic star.
Rules,
we had to wear mask getting on/off boat.
Needed to wear mask while moving around the boat.
You could take your mask off while in your spot.
The mate came around about every hour and wiped the rail with cleaning solution.

It was good. I thought they did a good job with rules.
Perfect reply to a fair question being asked. Gerry thanks for allowing it to be posted in the Charter and Party Boat only forum since it gives all the site sponsors an opportunity to reply to a very important issue most people are concerned about and one everyone should be concerned about. If sponsors reply to the OP, it might actually afford them the opportunity to increase their business.
Old 11-19-2020, 08:01 AM
dakota560

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanton327 View Post
Call a boat/capt and ask them!!! How hard is that?? Pretty lame to sit here and assume they don't give a shit, maybe they are too busy working their butts off trying to make up for all the lost spring revenues, than to read this thread! Christ, too many people finger pointing w/ no information or answers.
Harder than posting it on a forum that immediately reaches 100 or so charter and party boat captains for clarification. I took the OP's question as an attempt to get information and answers regarding a very relevant health crisis that could disable a person or take their life and in the absence of replies from sponsors this site is intended to support you instead criticize the person who asked the question. There actually may not be a better question to ask right now that could have a more positive and immediate impact on sponsor revenues. That being the case, I think the question was fair to ask and I think there's no better forum to ask it in than this one.
Old 11-19-2020, 08:56 AM
Owner NJFishing.com

Going to weigh in here...

First of all no matter what side of this you lean towards, masks don't help or you must wear one, anything said here on either side is going to infuriate the other side of this emotional subject so let's not go there.

If you want to know a boats rules, call them.

If you're not happy with them, use another boat or don't go.

Where you decide to take risks is a personal choice and what's important to you. Some like my wife won't step foot in a gym but she won't give up going to a salon, her choice. Some value their time on the water more, their choice.

Bottom line is you need to follow the rules for any activity or venue you choose. If they are not to you're liking like having to wear a mask, don't be selfish or put anyone else in an uncomfortable position. Follow the rules or stay home.

Lastly, for anyone to assume these businesses are doing nothing to protect their clients because of the lack of response here you have 2 choices... Call them and be informed on what they're actually doing or stay home based on what may be false assumptions. It's really that simple.

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area

Last edited by Gerry Zagorski; 11-19-2020 at 09:02 AM..
Old 11-19-2020, 09:08 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I posted this to get the conversation started and let the fleet know that people are concerned. Staying safe is everything these days.
Old 11-19-2020, 09:29 AM
dakota560

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flygaff View Post
I posted this to get the conversation started and let the fleet know that people are concerned. Staying safe is everything these days.
Flygaff nothing wrong with the question.....it's the reaction it draws that always stings a bit. There have been many well intentioned questions asked that evolved into the "Gunfight at the OK Corral".

Gerry's correct in saying with 50 people you'll get 50 opposing opinions. A few replies stating current policies I believe would have kept this thread on track as opposed to countless calls made to operators who are busy trying to run a business asking the same question.

Gerry I'm not challenging your position, just thought the OP posting the question here was a more efficient use of everyone's time. Just one of the 50 opinions!
Old 11-19-2020, 09:39 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

I also feel posting the question is fine, however after not getting the replies from captains that you wanted in a very short period of time, you stomped your foot and assumed that they don't care or give a damn! That's the problem! Pick 3 boats call them hear what they say and make a decision...pretty simple!
Old 11-19-2020, 09:42 AM
Owner NJFishing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanton327 View Post
i also feel posting the question is fine, however after not getting the replies from captains that you wanted in a very short period of time, you stomped your foot and assumed that they don't care or give a damn! That's the problem! Pick 3 boats call them hear what they say and make a decision...pretty simple!
exactly!

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area
Old 11-19-2020, 08:32 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Asking the question is fine but expecting instant gratification with responses from captains is not found.

I’d venture to say that you probably would have had a few responses if you would have emailed (not even call) a few boats.
Old 11-20-2020, 11:54 AM
dakota560

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Zagorski View Post
Going to weigh in here...

Lastly, for anyone to assume these businesses are doing nothing to protect their clients because of the lack of response here you have 2 choices... Call them and be informed on what they're actually doing or stay home based on what may be false assumptions. It's really that simple.
Sponsors have an opportunity based on the question asked to reply. Something like "masks required at all times, boat rails sanitized by mates 4 times per trip". Would takes 5 minutes to reply and reach Gerry what maybe 2,000 members. Instead the advice is have those members make 5 or 6 calls each while inundating owner's businesses with the same question that could have been addressed with a 5 minute reply on this thread. A reply that if protocols were in place and enforced would benefit each sponsor's business which I though was the point of being a sponsor to begin with.

Wonder how many responses Flygaff would have received if his post said "Looking for a boat that can handle 35 people for a private charter on 11/28 for blackfish, striper or combination trip."

5 days and counting and still no replies. Assumptions only happen in the absence of answers and Gerry I agree with you completely when you said basically in the absence of replies stay home. If you assume no replies could result in false assumptions, you have to admit they could result in accurate ones as well.

Marketing 101, businesses and owners reach out to their consumers, they don't wait for customers to reach out to them.
Old 11-20-2020, 04:49 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Bottom line - the majority of PB's really don't do anything. I've been on sponsor trips and non sponsor trips. Yes, people wear masks when at the dock and when returning but that's about it. I've been on a few when the boat wanted to take pictures (some published on this site) they asked us to put masks on just for the pictures.
If you want to go, you need to understand the risk. Personally, it doesn't bother me, but if you are concerned about proactive protection on a PB - FORGET IT.