NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Loveless January 4th - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 01-04-2023, 03:51 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Loveless January 4th

Headed out to the Big D today in Belvedere in hopes of some walleye or whatever was around.

Very heavy fog driving out on Rt. 80 and could barely see PA on the other side of the river at 9:30 am.

The Pequest River was a little high and so was the Big River. Threw Rapalas in black / silver & firetiger, 3 inch chartreuse Kitech w/ 1/4 oz chartreuse jig head & a 3 inch chartreuse Mister Twister w/ a 1/4 oz head bounced along the bottom, nothing.

Stopped at the Pequest on the way home at a spot, water was high & moving. Tried a pink Mepps & a chartreuse/ white one, a gold Panther Martin as well, nothing. No one else was fishing.

Was 57-64 degrees all day, nice to be out.

No ice at all on the Big D or Pequest.
Old 01-04-2023, 08:05 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Loveless January 4th

Good info, thank you. No ice on the Big D? I drove across the river on 202 in Lambertville on Sunday and did not see one speck of ice. Then I drove through the Gap on I-80 on Monday and at the bend in the river there was chunk ice piled up on the NJ side from the banks to about a quarter of the way across and lots of good sized icebergs floating down river.