NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Trout fishing areas - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 04-07-2018, 11:08 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Trout fishing areas

I still consider myself new to the ocean/ Monmouth county area and I don’t know where to go for some trout fishing... I grew up in hunterdon co and fished the Congo and south branch all the time. I still like to fish them now but it is a 1/2 day commitment to drive that far... can anyone recommend an area a little more local to fish? Not really into trout stocked lakes or ponds I would rather a river. Also not looking for any specific holes just a general location..

Thanks
Old 04-07-2018, 12:27 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Trout fishing areas

Not many options for river trout in this area. Try exploring the Toms River and the north and south branches of the Metedeconk. Those get stocked fairly well, and they don't receive a ton of pressure. It can be tough fishing, though; lots of snags and steep banks. You WILL lose some hooks. Stay away from the Manasquan unless you like big crowds and mud.
Cause on a day like today there's one place I gotta be:
GONE FISHIN'

Fishing with LardAlmighty on YouTube
Old 04-07-2018, 10:10 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Trout fishing areas

Thanks lard!!

After breakfast at Kelly’s my friend and I took a walk around spring lake. Not a lot of fish but a lot of quality!! Enough so that my friend wanted to get her first ever NJ fishing license and a rod! Quick trip to the local shop got her set up and we took a walk around spring lake casting spinners around. She lost 1 fish and missed another. I ended up with 2 beauties!! One around 22 inches and fat and my first ever tiger trout around 16 inches!! A great afternoon with good company.. she loved it and can’t wait to go again