NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Color can be key somedays - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJ Fishing.com Fishing Tips
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJ Fishing.com Fishing Tips Share your tips on fishing here.

Old 06-01-2010, 11:45 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Color can be key somedays

Inshore, offshore often times provided your in a fish zone, lure color,action,depth, etc, can be key to a successfull days outing.
Often times stream, Lk ,& ocean anglers must condition themselves to run something other than a fav lure. I know its tough however in multiple sets offshore or on the GL's you can most certainly keep your fav in the set however experiment.
Many days when I chartered on the GL's I learned this approach fast. One days lure success was often lost in 24 short hrs. Same on the ocean, one time as I remeber a night charter for stripers at the old SH rip. Previous nite mohawked them on a gold plug, this nite they switched over to Red hed .
Even umbrella rig fishing I was the first guy to introduce them along with Capt Mike V who secured them from Montauks originator Capt John Sekora.
We learned to always put in an oddball color into the mix, just to keep it real.
Sometimes this did the triick & set the tone for that day.
A could go on & on but I think you get the idea, change lures often if things slow down, to meet not only water conditons for that day but attempt to find out the fish choices as well. Sometimes when all goes south your in the wrong place!! I know we've all been there!!