NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Bushido 6'6" Jigging Rod - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk Use this board to talk about Bait and Tackle and see offers from our Bait and Tackle Sponsors

Old 09-02-2012, 04:58 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Bushido 6'6" Jigging Rod

Been talking this rod up to many fishermen, with several customers using the rod now. One of the popular local charter boats, Bounty Hunter / Capt Paul, has been using the rod as well.

If you take a look at his reports, you will see how its been used for everything from tuna to pollack. Its a versatile stick, being 6'6" and having the nano technology behind it.

I have some more blanks that just came in, so I want to get more of these rods into the hands of some serious fishermen. If you are interested in the rod, are serious about your gear, contact me. I am opening up our Charter Program to the first 5 boats, even if your not an actual charter service. This means you will get the rod at a discounted price, because I want to get it out there and used. The rod takes a beating and keeps on kicking butt. Because of the design, it can be used for many types of species here in NJ. I call it the utility rod, but I can talk and talk......its not going to matter unless you hear it from other people.

Check out the Bounty Hunters website, to see the comments on the rod. Its the real deal.....
Old 09-02-2012, 05:11 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Question Re: Bushido 6'6" Jigging Rod

Tom any specs on the blank I am thinking of redoing one of mine but, it would be easier to start from scratch.
Do you think a 6" extension would be good to add?

I marched 3/21/2012
No Facebook No Twitter No Text
Old 09-03-2012, 01:01 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Bushido 6'6" Jigging Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropics
Tom any specs on the blank I am thinking of redoing one of mine but, it would be easier to start from scratch.
Do you think a 6" extension would be good to add?

Here is a page from the site,
http://www.jerseytackle.com/BUSHIDO_JIGGING_RODS.html

BVJ66250
6'6"
30-50#
4-9 lure
1 pc.
MOD-FAST
MED-HVY
11 ti[p
0.601 butt
6.50 ounces

You can add extensions to many rods, via the butt section. Rip the grip off, find the right insert, epoxy the hell out of it, place the new grip over it. I have done many of them, BUT..... it does depend on the rod itself and the type of insert your using.

My advice here Rich.....if you have a rod you really like, try the extension, rather than a whole new rod. If its a favorite...... you may not find the same action in a new rod. Its not hard to do, but it has to be done right, or you will end up with a broken 2pc rod. You have the knowledge in building..... I like to find a perfect fit. I also like to get the extension up a good ways, into the rod. If its too short, it will break on you.

I have plenty of blanks laying around, if you make up some more trailing teaser rigs and bring them down, let me know. I can use more of the trailing rigs. Been sold out for a while, didnt realize it.