NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Njf Ice Meet-n-greet 1/11-1/12 - Page 23 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 01-29-2014, 06:51 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: save the date njf'ers

Charcoal will work just as well fellas. Remember if you cook something and put it in a disposable tray, buy 2 trays. That way we can heat the food gently, you know, like using sterno. Little bit of water in the bottom tray, boiling water heats the food evenly. I had sausage and peppers Sunday, but they didn't get heated up. I ate em for dinner Sunday night and for lunch Monday, MMMMMMMMMM GOOD!!!! Sorry the chef wasn't on his game. We'll do much better next time. Chili is always a hit, bring it! Burgers, dogs, sausage and peppers, kielbasa and kraut, soups, steaks and everything else can be done. C'mon dudes!!!! Let's GIT-R-DONE!!!!!!!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! TIGHT LINEZ!!!!!!
Old 01-29-2014, 07:05 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: save the date njf'ers

I'm in... I'll bring something to eat too ... gotta decide what

Food Assassin Mitch... what ya gonna bring this time?

Eddie - If we need fire wood this time, say so and I'll bring some again
Old 01-29-2014, 07:34 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Ok. I've been following this madness and now I think it's got me. I've wanted to ice fish since I was twelve (Grumpy Old Men premiered that year) and I would like to hit up a meet n greet. Practicality clearly points out that I should combine the two! Though I have no ice fishing experience whatsoever, I am versed in dealing with the cold, love fishing, and would like to meet you nutballs! I can bring a small generator, portable propane grill, hot dogs, crockpot containing a roast, possibly some firewood, a few beers, and my sense of humor. On the no gots list is an auger, though from what I read there should be plenty o holes. I gotta squirrel away some bucks, but my trusy pencil and paper here tell me I can do it. I plan on bringing a light spinning rod since it's the only rod I have that'll work, unless I should bring my surf rod for a photo-op . I know I gotta spool up with braid and get some flouro for leaders, and I plan on usin' jigs and shiners, but advice on appropriate hooks and jigging options would be appreciated! I'll say I'm 90% on this, just gotta make the numbers work and find the little miss a ride to work. And if I can't, well maybe I'll just pull my lip over my head and swallow! I'll let you guys know as soon as I can!!
Old 01-29-2014, 08:21 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Just show up hoop79d. Tons of fun and plenty of people to help. Don't worry about holes either. Maybe bring some food or a grill. Generator probably won't be needed but good thinking. Dress warm.......I can't guarantee fish but I can guarantee fun.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:31 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Im really going to have to try and come out with you guys! I missed two of the ice fishing ones but went to other ones and they are always fun. Plus I haven't went ice fishing this season yet because of all the work with the snow and never been on Greenwood Lake, so time to take all my ice fishing stuff back out and head out with all you guys!
Old 01-29-2014, 10:12 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Are the fenwick ice fishing combos worth it? Might have to get a jigging rod for this event. Not looking to break the bank....just something serviceable. Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:15 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Are we even gonna fish this time??? This is how it used to be back when my son played LL BB and we would go to a ton of tourneys, First starts out with a couple dogs and burgers and then morphed into these crazy party's!!!
We had TWO eight foot tables that were filled with everything you could imagine from shrimp and steak to Homemade desserts as well as a ton of beers and homemade sangria!!! Talk about good times!!!
Every Meet & Greet is differrent depending on the time of year, Type of fishing, and location. The Ice M&G's are one hell of a good time because we all hang out together!!!

While we still have ice we should def try to get one in further south. We all know I love Spruce so that might be a good place or maybe something further south. Hey SOUTHERN NJF'ERS LET'S GET SOMETHING GOING DOWN YOUR WAY! TIME TO SPEAK UP!!! You know your lakes and if the ice is good throw one up on the board!!!! Monmouth, Mercer, Ocean I'll drive. Be cool to get together with some new Maniac's!

16 Ft Princecraft DLX
9.9 Johnson
HELIX 7 Si GPS
Old 01-29-2014, 10:20 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I got a recommendation for ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LMAO

16 Ft Princecraft DLX
9.9 Johnson
HELIX 7 Si GPS
Old 01-29-2014, 10:27 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

A small Generator or two might be good with crock pots and also to keep the tunes cranking !!!

16 Ft Princecraft DLX
9.9 Johnson
HELIX 7 Si GPS
Old 01-30-2014, 02:39 AM
iceehot6766

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigman13 View Post
Are the fenwick ice fishing combos worth it? Might have to get a jigging rod for this event. Not looking to break the bank....just something serviceable. Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated.
I'll recommend a 28" Ugly Stick med action ice rod as the one to get....it's 20.00 at Dick's....I happen to like that rod because it's tip is super sensitive and appropriate for jigging and feeling a light bite...(yes I broke one over the weekend but it was my error)......If you have a small reel already you use for trout, you can slap that on......the only thing you'll have to do is strip some line off and put some ice line on....so for @ 30.00, you're in business.....jig selection is pretty easy too.....a 1/8 oz silver kastmaster or swedish pimple and a few teardrop jigs is all you need.....I'll post a link for that rod in the am....hope that helps.....some others will give you good suggestions on here as well....there are some very knowledgeable guys on this board....

As for food, I think a big pot of homemade New England Clam Chowder or Cream of Mushroom Soup is gonna be my item!!....Is either one ok w/ everyone or is there a preference towards one.....Not a problem, just let me know in advance!!.....

Here is the link for the Ugly Stick:
http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...414792.4414795

Also, just got an email from Cabelas and end of seasom clearance sale starts/////check out some good deals....here's the link....the ice rods and combos and tipups are at a great savings...get em now for the M & G
http://www.cabelas.com/browse.cmd?ca...3Bcat107519580

Last edited by iceehot6766; 01-30-2014 at 08:48 AM..