NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Ssfff To Challenge Mrfss Landings Data - Page 5 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations This board is closed for posting but will serve as an archieve for all Fisheries Management and Regulations posts from other boards.

Old 12-02-2009, 07:14 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Ssfff To Challenge Mrfss Landings Data

I managed to convince a friend into meeting me further south and let him continue the drive the rest of the way.

I am extremley pleased that I attended. The meeting was very informative and the issues and positions were clearly stated. Tony Bogan really has his spit together and simplified all the scientific jargon into layman's terms. Ray Bogan also spoke to the legal side to all of this. Clearing, for me, some very muddied waters.

I wish to commend the entire board as well as the guest speakers for their professionalism and manner in which the meeting was conducted.

Sadly, the attendance was a tad lean. Therefore, I decline to comment on the meeting content. In the end if you missed it shame on you. Sure, there are those who really did have legitimate reasons for their absence. But, others have become complacent. Hoping things will jast simply happen as in the past.

Bottom line, the Ssfff needs money. Their coffers are shrinking. Funny, how many guys will show off their brand new custom outfits. Yet, when asked how much they have donated towards active organizations. I get blank stares.

10% seems the magic number bandied about last evening, and on this thread. If 10% would donate 10 bucks the fund would be a lot closer to attaining it's goals. That fancy new custom outfit just doesn't seem so pretty when it hangs in the garage. Open your wallets boys. There ARE folks out there who would love nothing more than total shutdown of all fisheries. Donate, something, anything. Little is better than nothing. Just leave that holographic decal off the shiny new outfit. Send the money saved to the Ssfff. The fishing season you save will be your own. Even if you have donated in the past, try to give a little more now. Their work has, already, paid huge dividends.

Keep up the good work folks.

Thank You,
Pete
Old 12-06-2009, 08:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Kensdock
How many keeper flounder do you think 10% of the 1.2 million NJ Anglers caught
a piece

in 2009? 20?, 30?,40?,50?,60?, 100? Using the post here on the ********* as a gage.

I'd say 120,000 anglers probably caught around 20 keeper fluke each in 2009 and thats being generous.
STEVE-O

Last edited by Kensdock; 12-06-2009 at 08:30 PM..
Old 12-07-2009, 08:06 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
How many keeper flounder do you think 10% of the 1.2 million NJ Anglers caught
a piece

in 2009? 20?, 30?,40?,50?,60?, 100? Using the post here on the ********* as a gage.

I'd say 120,000 anglers probably caught around 20 keeper fluke each in 2009 and thats being generous.
STEVE-O
I'm sure your method of doing a scientific survey is very accurate and could only be off by a small margin.

Thanks for all your effort Capt T.B.
I hope that with guys like you leading us we can continue to enjoy the sport we love so much.

Last edited by Kup; 12-07-2009 at 12:23 PM..