NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Why do you fish???? - Page 4 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing Use this board to post all general salt water fishing information. Please use the appropriate boards below for all other information. General information about sailing times, charter availability and open boats trips can be found and should be posted in the open boat forum.

Old 01-29-2024, 06:57 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Re: Why do you fish????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Bill View Post
You're comparing personal reasons we fish to why so much focus on government mandated regulations directly impacting the health of fish stocks clearly in too many cases not working. Two different questions. Case in point. When's the last time anyone on this site went winter flounder fishing? For me it's been maybe 30 years. Doesn't change my answer of why I enjoy fishing but to the extent other fisheries are headed in the same direction as winter flounder, I think we all should be concerned with clearly failed regulations impacting the health of any stock.

My biggest concern is future generations are going to be referring to recreational fishing in the past tense. They won't be afforded the same opportunities we've been to make personal choices and enjoy this great activity because if we ignore the management of these stocks these resources won't be around for anybody to enjoy.

Well...winter flounder fishing has been closed for 20-30 years now! If those regulations are "working", where are the winter flounder? They know how to steal money by the trillions but they can't return what was once an amazing fishery? Why not? Aren't they paid to acheive good results? Everyone else needs to produce but not them....they are "gods" in their minds.

They put all of those fishing stations out of business to steal their waterfront property...like all Commies do....same thing happened in China and Russia and Venezuela....does anyone in the USA have a brain?? We are more of an embarrassment now than those countries because we saw what happened there and let it happen here.
Old 01-29-2024, 07:09 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I go fishing because I enjoy it and it’s peaceful. Simple.
Old 01-29-2024, 07:12 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishingSinceIWasThree View Post
Well...winter flounder fishing has been closed for 20-30 years now! If those regulations are "working", where are the winter flounder? They know how to steal money by the trillions but they can't return what was once an amazing fishery? Why not? Aren't they paid to achieve good results? Everyone else needs to produce but not them....they are "gods" in their minds.
First you should relax, you're not going to solve all the worlds problems by posting in a fishing forum. Second, winter flounder has not been closed for 20 to 30 years, the New Jersey regulations are March 1st through December 31st, two bag limit, "12 minimum size. For all practical purposes, in our local waters they're no longer is a recreational winter flounder fishery.

The commercials killed this fishery by netting all the breeders during the summer offshore in areas like the mud hole. Same thing they're doing to the summer flounder fishery when they're wintering offshore. Commercials wiped the stock out in a matter of a few short years, it's essentially a commercial fishery these days with a fraction of the quota it had in the 80's and 90's and unless as I've said in many of my posts we protect the breeders and the spawn, the fishery will never recover.

Last edited by Broad Bill; 01-29-2024 at 07:16 PM..
Old 01-29-2024, 07:45 PM
Site Sponsor

To connect with nature, to understand, and to discover. The best among us will never know everything. It's fascinating and unpredictable, even when its at it's most predictable. The mystery of any given body of water is what drives me far beyond any other factor.

www.apexanglers.com
aj@apexanglers.com
(732) 703-7750

New Jersey's premier land based shark fishing guide service. 10+ Years Experience.

New Jersey|June-mid September
Florida's Treasure Coast|October- mid May

Booking 7 days a week, all year.
Old 01-29-2024, 08:28 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishingSinceIWasThree View Post
I welcome that but what about the other thousands of people who are being crushed by the tyrannical, anti-human being nonsense....will you take them all?
Sure why not. I am sure we can fit 3 more.
Old 01-29-2024, 08:37 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dales529 View Post
Sure why not. I am sure we can fit 3 more.
Hahaha
Old 01-29-2024, 08:38 PM
NJFishing.com Member

duffman reason i don't bitch, is that i mainly fish for bsb and stripers, only need to feed my wife and me, nobody else, i don't freeze any fish i catch, just anal i guess, why i do bitch is that i don't like idiots telling me about fishing stocks when all they have is a degree and little common sense nor understanding that most reg's that come up with should be shoved up a horse's .ss, mrip forecasts are so f'ddd up and i can't even type about them. i am fore habitat restoration like building reefs from old concrete etc, that is the way of future i hope, not stupid mrip's