NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

New to Area, need just a little information - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing Use this board to post all general salt water fishing information. Please use the appropriate boards below for all other information. General information about sailing times, charter availability and open boats trips can be found and should be posted in the open boat forum.

Old 05-16-2018, 08:00 AM
NJFishing.com Member

Default New to Area, need just a little information

Hoping for a little assistance. I work in Philly during the week and live on the Md Eastern Shore on the weekends. I'm a Marylander, so I really don't know the area that well.

I'm looking for some place to fish in the evenings where I can cast for stripers, etc., within an hour or so of Camden (my office location) I really don't need to target keepers, I just want to fish. I prefer NJ, because PA non-resident license fee is absurd.

Anyway, any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old 05-16-2018, 09:51 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: New to Area, need just a little information

Sika that's a tough question for the Striped Bass or even Bluefish, the old saying "here today gone tomorrow" I can only speak for the N. Ocean Cty and S. Monmouth areas, without a boat your kind of beat, you can try along the Rte 37 bridge in Seaside the fish have been moving thru there, you can try along the Point Pleasant Canal for Bass and Blues but they have been moving thru their its hard to put a time of day or which tide. I am sure their are some spots on LBI but not to familiar with that area but the Barnegat Inlet may work for you coming in from Rte 70 to Rte72
Old 05-16-2018, 03:37 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sika View Post
Hoping for a little assistance. I work in Philly during the week and live on the Md Eastern Shore on the weekends. I'm a Marylander, so I really don't know the area that well.
Wow. What a coincidence. I also work in Philly and have a place on the Eastern Shore in St. Michaels but my full-time residence is in Princeton Junction.
I wish I could give you a spot to fish for stripers near Camden but I don't know one and have been working in Philadelphia for 30 years. There are some fish early in the season in the Delaware but they are probably gone by now and a boat for the Delaware is key to good fishing.
A long time ago you could fish the power plant discharge in Trenton from shore but that has been shut down and the gangs have pretty much taken over.

If you don't mind freshwater fishing there are trout in the Wissahickon in Fairmont Park and in a bunch of places in Bucks and Delaware counties.
There are also a lot of bass ponds like the one in my development.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:17 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

PA resident (Bucks County)here. Unfortunately, to get to the NJ shore will take you over an hour. Count on 1 hr 20-30 minutes. And don’t think about doing this on a Friday during the summer! The traffic will eat you up.
I’d recommend Island Beach State Park. Loads of fishing opportunities there. Google it...and pick a spot.
Old 05-16-2018, 09:55 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Point Pleasant Inlet off the rocks, or along the beach either in Manasquan by some of the jetties or in Belmar by the jetties - There are guys that do it a lot and you'd have to get to know a few and where to fish - I fish on a boat by Sandy Hook - watch the local tackle shop reports - but just remember to have the FREE NJ license even if you are going to release them - tight lines
Old 05-17-2018, 09:55 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Manasquan inlet at high tide offers up a lot of opportunity. Blues once they get there chase a lot of bait at the mouth of the river often at high tide. You can fish clams off the beach for the schoolie stripers. Nice area, huge jetty. Fish the pocket on the Manasquan side. If you go there and ask the regulars you will get some intel, good luck